You know how you sometimes get an unexpected gift a week or so after Christmas? Here you go. Rush Limbaugh is being booted off yet another radio station. It's a grand ole victory for the ever-growing BoycottRush/StopRush/FlushRush brigade. Oh heck, it's a good thing for the whole country. Some folks on the right just don't know it yet.
On December 26, 2013, Rush Limbaugh was put out to pasture by WPHR-FM, a Florida radio station serving the Vero Beach/Fort Pierce market. Seems the station tried on conservative talk radio for two and a half years; apparently it was not a good fit. So they asked the people, the people spoke, and guess what - unlike the failing Clear Channel this station listened :Welcome to the Treasure Coast’s brand new HOT COUNTRY station, 94.7 Hot Country!
We’ve been conducting surveys and music tests gathering information on your likes and dislikes regarding country music along the Treasure Coast.
The response was overwhelming and we learned a lot. Here’s what you told us:
You wanted less talk and more country music in the morning
And it gets better. Not only is Rush Limbaugh getting dumped - he's taking Hannity, Beck, Lewis, and Levin with him on this one. Happy New Year!Timeline: The Grand Ole Party to The Grand Ole Opry:Special thanks to 'T' for the tip.On April 25, 2011, the station switched from Hot Adult Contemporary to conservative-based talk programming. Programming is primarily from the standard Clear Channel slate, including a simulcast of WJNO's morning show, The Glenn Beck Program, The Rush Limbaugh Show, The Sean Hannity Show, The Mark Levin Show, The Jason Lewis Show, and Coast to Coast AM. WPHR uses the "Rush Radio" brand.Thank you to R&S Radio, and all the relentless protesting, petitioning, and boycotting public who are fed up with hate media and continue to make a difference. To join in the cause:
On December 26, 2013 WPHR changed their format to country, branded as "Hot Country 94.7", under new owners R&S Radio.Thank you, Richard Myers. Rest In Peace. We Will Finish This.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: