- Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Respect for the deadly:
- Easy work if you can get it: Rep. Michele Bachmann’s (Lunatic-MN) House committee earned $560,233.26 by renting its fundraising list.
- Did you know that there are more gun stores than grocery stores in America?
- I really thought I had a shot this year:
US President Barack Obama named as TIME magazine person of the yearOf course they haven't named a woman in 26 years.
- Okay, you've written a book that "proves" there is a heaven ... so, what comes next? What else! You go on Fox to hawk it by connecting it to the massacre of 20 school children:
After [Eben] Alexander confidently asserted that the murdered children would have experienced “being welcomed into comfort and love beyond our human understanding,” Gretchen Carlson blithely reminded viewers that Alexander had “left this Earth for a week” and gone to heaven, then asked, beginning to cry, ”Will these children forget, when they’re in heaven, what happened to them?”
- As you do your last-minute shopping, consider buying a coffin from a sexy Santa bunny. Or not.
A Toledo man left his state-issued ID with a gas station clerk who he attempted to rob Tuesday morning, making his arrest quick and easy, police said.
- Condolences to family and friends:
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin joined us to discuss Fiscal Thingy dealmaking and the reemergence of "11 dimensional chess." Then, Evan Macbeth, aka Paradox13, on what it's like to be one of Nate Silver's 538, that is, an actual presidential elector. Finally, still more reflection on Newtown, and how the NRA and its allies force Republicans to be even more anti-science, and how we all lose as a result.