|• Cost of a U.S. command center completed last November in Afghanistan’s Helmand province: $34,000,000
• Number of days it has been used: 0
• Percentage of students enrolled in Afghan schools in 2001 who were girls: 0
• Percentage of those enrolled today who are: 40
• Average length of time, in years, a prisoner placed in solitary confinement in California spends there: 7
• Percentage change since 1979 in the portion of low-wage workers holding a four-year college degree: +100
• Number of states in which it is legal to fire someone over sexual orientation: 29
• Portion of the U.S. population who believe it is against federal law to do so: 9/10
• Projected year by which the sale of adult diapers will outpace the sale of baby diapers in Japan: 2020
Blast from the Past. At Daily Kos on this date in 2005—Frost: Run every district:
|It's no longer just crazy bloggers calling for a wide assault on the GOP congressional majorities. Former Texas Rep. Martin Frost, former candidate for the DNC chairmanship, former head of the DCCC, and, er, Fox News columnist, has joined the call.
Every Monday through Friday you can catch the Kagro in the Morning Show 9 AM ET by dropping in here, or you can download the Stitcher app (found in the app stores or at Stitcher.com), and find a live stream there, by searching for "Netroots Radio."