One Monday night when I was in the 6th grade I sat down to do my geography homework. Our assignment was to learn about Italy. After many hours of memorizing facts and figures about this great country, I walked into class ready to handle any questions the teacher threw at me. As it turned out I misheard our teacher the Friday before; the actual assignment was about India. And yes the teacher called on me.
"So Nicholas" she said "tell us about India".
I was in trouble. "Well..." I said, "India is a great country with a lot of people. It also has a lot of history like so many other nations in the world. One of those nations is Italy. Italy is located on the Italian Peninsula in Southern Europe. It shares its northern borders with France, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia."
"Now Nicholas did you really study about India?" my teacher said. "Tell me about India's famous leader Mohandas Ghandi."
"Ummm.... Ghandi was a great man. He is (?) the President of India. While president Ghandi met with a lot of world leaders. One of those leaders was the president of Italy. Italy is a great country that's home to the Roman culture...."
You get my drift. The bottom line is that I went to class prepared, and I didn't blink when faced with a sudden change in subject matter.
Which is why I need to point out to all the naysayers here, the top ten reasons why Sarah Palin won this debate tonight:
- Sarah Palin believes that this country is finally ready for a powerful Vice-President who will
run the countrycounsel the President, and finally provide direction and leadership in the Senate.
- Said the word "maverick" over 400 times. She also said "mavericks", but I didn't count that cuz that sounded different to me.
- On the subject of nuclear proliferation, Sarah Palin pointed out how important it is for us to drill for oil here at home. Sarah was aggressive in defending her energy experience in personally drilling "billions and billions" of barrels of Alaskan oil.
- She finally brought up the name of General George McClellan, a failed military strategist with vast combat experience who thought he knew "how to win wars". Sure Gen. McClellan was born in the 1820's but thanks to Conservative health-care policies, he's still able to command the U.S. forces in Afghanistan.
- On the issue of health-care Sarah Palin vigorously defended her record as overseer of Alaska's oil, and showed that her energy experience would help regular Joe Six-pack Americans put food on their family.
- She said "drill baby drill" again. That was hawt!!
- She totally took over the debate when she told Joe Biden "here you go again" and something about "rootin' n' tootin'". Remember that "I had enuff o' Hussein" West Virginia woman from the Jon Stewart video? Sarah Palin just won her vote and locked-in her demographic.
- Sarah Palin refused to answer liberal questions, a.k.a. questions she didn't like or didn't have talking points in front of her about. To me this proves that she's a Washington outsider and a maverick. What I'm trying to say is that she's more like me, and that makes her qualified to be President.
- Sarah Palin showed a mastery of the economic issues surrounding the Bernanke-Paulson "rescue" plan. Sarah pointed out that Alaska's vast oil reserves are essential for the US to become energy independent. By becoming energy independent Americans will save more money at the pump. The crisis on Wall St. was also about money.
- She left no room for embellishment to the liberal loons at SNL who will surely try to mock her again. Tina Fey will finally have to use the actual text of Sarah's speech and show some fairness in her satire.
Please help this country have a Conservative movement in November. Vote McCain-Palin!