He started up again here: http://www.colbertnation.com/... . That right-wing nut Stephan Colbert corrupted Tom Hanks into packing a Care Package for the Troops. It became the most god-awful mess ever!
In the process Stephen - "I Got an Ego at the Dollar Store" - Colbert made fun of you, me and every Kossack who ever gave a dollar for a Care Package. Are YOU going to let him get away with this? Huh? Are You!
Revenge and justice after the jump . . .
The two of them – Hanks must have been drugged to get talked into this - began by drinking in front of 160,000 people who have no chance whatsoever getting their whistles wet anytime soon. That’s just cruel . . . and frickkin’ dangerous! Someone should have told that tiny little –morsel- mortal THOSE SOLDIERS HAVE LIVE AMMO. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
A puppy? Drowning a puppy in ice cream?
My, God. Get Noweasels the smelling salts. I’m sure joyful would gladly pack Colbert’s nasty little butt into a regulation US Post Office box just for that thought. Who would blame her? I can bear-ly contain my anger in spite of my own sweet self.
But it gets worse . . .
Face it, Kossacks. Stephen Colbert was making fun of Net Roots for the Troops and all of us. I’ll bet he took one look at this picture and laughed his ass off:
Of course, he missed this one:
Did you know that the volunteers at NetRoots Nation who showed and packed 120 packages last year inspired the Democratic National Committee? Yep. At the Democratic National Convention in Denver you who donated and you who volunteered to pack those packages made this possible:
How did that happen? Well, behind the scenes Roses and Donnamarie sent those folks reams of e-mail filled with instructions. It worked. People cared.
But Colbert – Stephen Colbert? Did that little twerp come ask us for help? Hell no!
RESPECT & REVENGE!
Let's get in the mood, now. c'mon you know the word word :
Look at that wuss - Stephen Colbert in the frickin' Green Zone in a damn palace. Look close. Do you see a damn tent? I bet he peed in porcelain potties the whole time he was there.
Mr. Colbert: Do you see this? That's how much we have raised so far.
Ok. He didn't see it. He's on vacation, probably in his basement bathroom boning up on somethimg. And hiding from bears. So, Kossacks, we have our honor to reclaim.
Our goal for Netroots For The Troops 2009 is $50,000.00 (cash or in-kind donations).
We realize that you would like to donate something tangible to go inside the packages that will be mailed to the troops. Unfortunately, accepting in-kind donations from individuals is not practical in terms of storage and handling of the items. The Pittsburgh Convention Center is a union shop so we have more stringent rules that need to be followed. Instead, we will only be accepting corporate donations or cash from YOU to purchase items for the care packages this year.
Here’s how YOU can help:
- Please contact TexDem or DonnaMarie if you know someone who might be helpful in securing the corporate in-kind donations. To help you think of companies who could donate products, see below* for a list of potential items. Put your thinking caps on and let us hear from you. It takes time to get through the corporate processes so we need to hear from you ASAP!
- We are accepting cash from individuals and
begask that you DONATE HERE to contribute to this worthy cause. Your donation will enable us to purchase the things that we are unable to obtain through corporate donations, and will help to pay the costs of shipping them to our troops. This year your donations will be tax deductible, thanks to Netroots Nation and their partner Netroots Arts and Education Initiative, a California 501(c)3 corporation.
- Sign up for a diary! Our goal is to post two diaries per day until NN09. That’s a lot of diaries! Don’t worry---we’ve made it easy for you. We’ve got a template set up, and all you need to do is add a small introduction telling us why you are donating, sharing a story of someone you know who has served or is serving, or any other thing you want to share that might help motivate others to donate. Please contact Donnamarie if you are interested in posting a diary.
- Do you know a service member who would like to receive a care package? Email a request to: NFTT.firstname.lastname@example.org before July 31, 2009.
Please include all of the following information. Unfortunately we will not be able to process any incomplete requests:
APO Address Line 1:
APO Address Line 2:
APO Address Zip:
- Write letters to be included in the packages! Our own jlms qkw is collecting the letters and will print them out and bring them to Pittsburgh. Just email your letter to her email@example.com. Look for more information from jlms qkw soon. If you need some ideas, rbutters wrote an excellent diary with tips on how to write letters to troops and why it’s so important to them.
- Help us assemble the packages in Pittsburgh. It's fun! More information will be forthcoming for those of you who are going to be in Pittsburgh and would like to help there.
- Please consider joining the NFTT FaceBook Group. Invite your FaceBook and non-FaceBook friends.
*The following list contains some of the things we would like to include in the packages. Please let us know if you know someone who might be helpful in securing these corporate in-kind donations. (Please DO NOT send these items yourself! We have no way to accept them. Instead, your cash donation is the very best way to help make this happen on the ground in Pittsburgh.)
- Baby wipes
- Mechanix gloves
- LED flashlights
- Gel shoe insoles
- Goop Cleaning Gel
- Powdered energy drinks
- Gel energy food packets
- DVDs and CDs
- Letters to the soldiers
- More suggestions coming soon
Books for Soldiers
Soldiers love to receive books, but due once again to the logistics of collecting and storing them prior to NN09, books will not be included in the packages that NFTT will put together this year. Other organizations are more specialized in the collection and distribution of books to Iraq and Afghanistan. If you are interested in sending books, please consider checking out the Books for Soldiers Website. It is run by DKos's very own StormBearand is a great resource for giving.
Important Note about Successful Online Donations
PLEASE DONATE HERE
When you make your online donation, the screen indicates that you are donating to Netroots Nation. This is the right screen! Rest assured all donations WILL go to NFTT. If you wish, feel free to use the comment area provided to note that your donation is intended for Netroots For The Troops. It isn’t necessary to do this however, as this is the only fundraising activity being conducted for Netroots Nation at this time. For further information about online donations, please read TexDem's diary on the subject.
We have our first deep discount of a product. Our LED pinch-light flashlight. Princeton Tec, through Hit the Trail Wilderness Gear and Nature Goods, a hiking store in Newnan GA, are providing us a discount for the top of the line "Impulse".
If you need hiking gear, please support Robbie Hinley online via, Hit the Trail. Spread the word.