While the "liberal media" was sleeping, Conservatives were busy carpet-bombing the U.S. media. Here's a partial look at how two prominent Conservative think tanks got their messages out over the past day:
- The Bush Tax Cuts and the Deficit Myth (Brian Riedl, Heritage Foundation) -- Wall Street Journal
- ‘Downgrading’ Voter Intimidation (Hans A. von Spakovsky, Heritage Foundation) - National Review.
- More political stalemate for Japan (Bruce Klingner, Heritage Foundation) -- Asian Times Online.
- Doctors vs. Obamacare—and Vice Versa (Robert E. Moffitt, Heritage Foundation) Health Care News
- Broken Politics and Bankrupt Economics on Display (J.D. Foster, Heritage Foundation) National Review.
- "The Heritage Foundation has released its annual estimate of how much people in the United States have come to rely on government."
- "Brett D. Schaefer of The Heritage Foundationwill speak to the alliance at 6:30 p.m. in the Grand Junction City Hall council chamber."
- "James Sherk, senior policy analyst for labor economics, is author of a new report from the conservative Heritage Foundation, which tries to address the comparison issues."
- "Terry Miller, director of the Center of International Trade and Economics (CITE) for The Heritage Foundation, believes the export initiative is Obama's solution to unemployment, but it is not realistic."
- "'As a matter of fact,the Heritage Foundation has highlighted that his "2011 budget requests that food stamps spending rise from $39 billion (already a record level) to $75 billion.'"
- "Michael Franc, vice president of government relations at the Heritage Foundation told TheDC, 'It’s a different caliber of gift if it is to go to the Smithsonian.'"
- "'Most of the big-ticket spending items for the next few years have already been spent, so Jack will have to preside over a lot of the less-fun belt tightening,' said Brian Riedl, an analyst at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative research organization. (NYT)
- "This was disclosed by Walter Lohman, director of the Asian Studies Center ofthe Heritage Foundation and is known as one of the experts on the Asian affairs."
- "Russia ranks 143rd out of 179 countries in the 2010 Index of Economic Freedom, with protection of private property "weak" and the judicial system "corrupt," according to the Heritage Foundation."
- "Put another way, increasing the price of electricity causes renewable energy standards to function like a really inefficient energy tax. A salient analogy comes from the conservative think tank, the Heritage Foundation."
- "Lisa Curtis of the Heritage Foundation and formerly with the CIA, told The Hindu, 'The CIA is not in the business of kidnapping nuclear scientists. It just doesn't happen. This is likely a fabrication by Amiri for Iran to save face.'"
- "Brian Riedl of the conservative Heritage Foundation said Lew knew the budget would have a shorter learning curve than previous budget chiefs having done the job before." (Reuters)
- "Now the Heritage Foundation and the National Abstinence Education Association say that, like the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, they oppose implementation of the new provisions.
- "Regardless, conservative economists such as Conerly and James Sherk of the Heritage Foundation, a Washington think tank, contend repeated benefit extensions create incentives to delay searching for work or be too picky about what jobs to take."
- "The Congressional Health Care Caucus is holding a policy forum on "Looking at the Problems and Presenting Solutions for the Sustainable Growth Rate Formula." John O’Shea of the Heritage Foundation; and Peter Lavine of the D.C. Medical Society will be participating."
- "But Terry Miller, director of the Center of International Trade and Economics (CITE) at The Heritage Foundation, warns that the United States still faces major economic hurdles."
- "And James Jay Carafano of the Heritage Foundation is likewise critical."
American Enterprise Institute
- Reflexive Opposition to Nominations Must Stop (Norman Ornstein, AEI) - Roll Call
- Obama's Crisis Is GOP's Opportunity (Jonah Goldberg, AEI) - Townhall, others.
- The Return of the Jeffersonian Vision and the Rejection of Progressivism (Michael Barone, AEI) - The American, others.
- The fading embers of Obama's coalition (Marc A. Thiessen, AEI) - Washington Post.
- The secret to human happiness is earned success (Arthur C. Brooks, AEI) - Washington Examiner.
- American fairness means equality of opportunity, not income (Arthur C. Brooks, AEI) -Washington Examiner
- Beyond the Obama Nuke Policy (John Bolton, AEI) - Wall Street Journal
- "Indeed, as Leon Aron, director of Russian studies at the American Enterprise Institute, noted in a recent essay, President Dmitri Medvedev of Russia just announced plans to build an "Innovation City" in Skolkovo, outside Moscow." (NYT)
- "Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute, said he expects Iran to reap propaganda value from Amiri's return."
- "But, generally, every 13 weeks of additional benefits adds one more week to the length of unemployment, said Alex Brill, an economist and research fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, a nonprofit research group."
- "'It's a pretty cost-effective way to create jobs,' Kevin Hassett, director of economic policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute."
- "Back in April, the American Enterprise Institute, or AEI, released a compilation of data from various public opinion surveys that revealed, ta-da!, we hate paying taxes."
- "In an interview Philip I. Levy, resident scholar at theAmerican Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C says that he Yuan appreciation is quite gradual but it is not going to settle the American Economy."
- "'America faces a new culture war,' declares Arthur Brooks, president of the conservative American Enterprise Institute."
- "Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a former member of the Dutch parliament and a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, pointed out that the internet was used as a recruiting tool for fundamental Islamists."
- "Said tax expert Howard Gleckman, a resident fellow at the nonpartisan Urban Institute, and Joseph Antos, a health policy expert with the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, a nonpartisan think tank with conservative roots."
- "John Makin, an economist at the conservative American Enterprise Institute, calls the tax break 'a drop in the bucket.'" (USA Today)
- "Karlyn Bowman, polling analyst for the conservative American Enterprise Institute, doesn't go that far, but she agrees that the environment is growing increasingly hostile for Obama and his party."
- "Eileen Norcross of the Mercatus Center at George Mason University in Arlington, Virginia, and Andrew Biggs of the American Enterprise Institute say such assumptions are optimistic, and should be much lower."
- "John Fortier, fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, said he expects Palin to run in 2012."
- "Kevin Hassett, director of economic policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute and a Bloomberg news columnist, talks with Bloomberg's Mark Crumpton about the impact of the home-buyer tax credit on the U.S. housing market." (video- WaPo).
Keep in mind, this is an incomplete list from the past 24 hours, and the majority of these stories and quotes have been passed on by other media entities, big and small. And,of course, this is just two of an army of Conservative think tanks, and doesn't take into account Conservative Think Tankers appearing on television.
And they'll all be at it again today. And tomorrow. Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, forever.
Crossposted at William K. Wolfrum Chronicles