According to the Miami New Times, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) penned "the dumbest thing ever written on congressional stationery" when he sent this one-word ("NUTS") letter to a local chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR). CAIR wrote to Rep West about his ties to radical anti-Islamic rabblerousers, arguing for their basic American constitutional right to be "afforded equal protection under law" and "to worship freely or participate in the governing of our society."BoingBoing.net
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Karl Rover
- If nothing else, today's conservative movement may be the greatest talking point generator in American history. Judging by the conservative choir now singing in unison, the aftermath of the ...10 comments 16 Recs
- In the United States, hate speech is often spewed forth by people with a great deal of influence, thus making it even more dangerous. Freedom of speech always comes with responsibility, and people ...19 comments 9 Recs
- On Wednesday, the 29th of April, GEO Corporation held its annual shareholders' meeting in Boca Raton, Florida. A little back story: GEO Corporation, if you don't know, is the largest prison for ...24 comments 46 Recs
- Headlines like this really say it all: Republicans push Barack Obama to rally Democrats for TPP vote Yes, the same Party whose economic philosophy led to the meltdown of the economy in 2007-2008 ...69 comments 116 Recs
- Thank you ABC News and and George Stephanopoulos for giving a Progressive Candidate a forum, on your national "Political Viewpoints" show. More please . Sen. Bernie Sanders Says America Needs '...195 comments 184 Recs
- The Baltimore Sun made the following claim about the riots on Monday: The incident stemmed from a flier that circulated widely among city school students via social media about a “purge” to ...102 comments 164 Recs
- This is a roundup of news related to Palestine with a particular focus on grassroots action and peaceful civil disobedience in the Occupied Territories and within the borders of Israel proper. We ...5 comments 35 Recs
- Besides standing up against Trade Deals that end up exporting American Jobs; Besides calling for more equitable Tax rates on the Wealthy, that will reduce the dangerous and growing gaps in Income ...158 comments 191 Recs
- 89 comments 186 Recs
- CNN report: Lt. Brian W. Rice Rice, 41, an officer since 1997, was one of the officers on bike patrol during the initial encounter with Gray. He made eye contact with Gray, who then ran. Rice and ...38 comments 49 Recs
Karl Rover's Tags
- No current results.
Karl Rover's Blogroll
- No current results.