Do you consider yourself rich, or working class?
Do you earn less than a million dollars a year?
Then #OccupyWallStreet is fighting for you. We are the other 99%.
As workers have seen their paycheck shrink and their benefits disappear, Wall Street has rewarded themselves with bonuses paid out of tax payer bailouts. Over the last 30 years wages have flattened out while the rich have gotten richer than ever, and now they are trying to end Social Security and Medicare so they can profit. The people bailed out the banks, and instead of creating jobs with good pay they have pocketed the Bush tax cuts for the rich and their bonuses, and despite the numerous crimes documented on Wall Street not one wealthy CEO of the Big Banks have are going to jail. That is why we #OccupyWallStreet and hope you support us.
Just look at the graphs, the numbers do not lie, While the other 99%'s incomes have stagnated, the rich just keep on getting richer.
And yet despite this, the wealthiest 1% are demanding even lower taxes while the other 99% faces crippling budget cuts. The insider trading and market manipulation uncovered in Wall Street has crippled the working class, and as the rich Wall Street CEO's get richer, the rest of us are losing our jobs and our labor rights. This is wrong and must stop.
The top 1% has never had it better, but the rest of us are being told we have to "Share the Sacrifice". When the rich make a profit they keep it all to themselves, but when they screw up we have to bail them out? We need to fight for labor rights, for economic justice, and for taxing the rich and their corporations while making sure they are regulated to protect workers, consumers and citizens from exploitation at the hands of the super wealthy. That is why we fight. That is why we #OccupyWallStreet. We are the other 99%, let's show the richest 1% that we are going to fight back!
Stand with us, the other 99%. United we stand
The content above will be printed as flyers and distributed on site at the #OccupyWallStreet protests in the next day or so. Please leave you thoughts in the comments below on what you think of this messaging.
For more info on how to help, here's some information.
1. Get this message out there. Can we do it? YES WE CAN!
2. Use the twitter hashtags #OccupyWallStreet an follow on facebook and twitter accounts related to the ongoing protests. Help put this video on your facebook pageand any other social media that you use. Make it viral.
3. Make a donation to WeAreTheOther99%'s media fund. They need funding to stay active, and without huge corporate interests backing us up like the Teabaggers have, the only way this works is with your small donations.
4. Get the word out about these protests of Wall Street's greed to everyone you know. Raise awareness, even if it is via word of mouth, every little bit helps.
This is Jesse LaGreca, reporting from the frontlines of the class warzone, wishing you peace and love to you and yours, and reminding you that they only call it class war when the working class fights back.
You can follow me on the Twitter Machines @JesseLaGreca