1. Which major political party was against Social Security?
2. Which party was against Medicare?
3. Which party was against the minimum wage?
4. Which party was against the 40 hour work week?
5. Which party is against raising taxes on the wealthy?
6. Which party is against ending tax breaks for oil companies?
7. Which party is against universal healthcare?
If you guessed the Republican party, you are correct.
If you want to see our country get back on track, vote against the "against party".
All these popular polling programs and ideas are winners for the Democrats. We assume that the electorate is generally familiar with this information. News Flash: They are not!
We political junkies mistakenly assume that everyone knows what the Democrats have stood for in the past and stand for today but in reality they don't.
Sadly we have a massive number of citizens in this country who because of their youth or focus on survival are not familiar with the most basic political facts about which party stands for what. I would like to see political ads like this run on a regular basis. I can assure you that Republicans will cringe every time they hear them on the TV and millions of people will learn something important and new to them.
Let's grow a backbone and understand that we are in a fight, not a nuanced debate. The "Occupy" movement needs to know who is really their friend and who is not.