- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Suzielection!
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- Puritans and Poltroons: how the parties react to failure, by Mark Sumner
- Romney economic adviser says the poor have it just fine, because they have microwave ovens, by Hunter
- A review of California's ballot measures, by Dante Atkins
- Wearing the wrong color socks to school could get a child sent to prison, by Denise Oliver Velez
- The rogues gallery attempting to stop equality, by Scott Wooledge
- Sign up to help get Democratic voters to the polls in swing states with Workers' Voice, the largest independent Democratic voter turnout operation in the country. You can participate no matter where you live.
- You already love Daily Kos, so why not like it too? Join us on Facebook today.
- Pity the people of Ohio:
It would take about 80 days of nonstop viewing to see all 58,235 of the typically 30-second Ohio presidential advertisements that have aired in the last month. New York-based Kantar Media’s CMAG compiled for Bloomberg the presidential ads on broadcast TV in Ohio between Sept. 24 and Oct. 24.
It’s official — both Mitt Romney and President Obama have surpassed the $1 billion mark, if you include the campaigns, political parties and super PACs.
- Let's file this one under awkward:
The Seattle Times Co. sponsored political ads in its paper with claims that aren’t entirely true, the Seattle Times reports. If that sounds a little twisted, it is.
- Hurricane Sandy is sounding extremely scary:
Hurricane Sandy may be unprecedented in East Coast storm history
With computer models locked in on the eventuality of a punishing blow for East Coast from Hurricane Sandy (with the latest model runs favoring the northern mid-Atlantic), analyses suggest this storm may be unlike anything the region has ever experienced. [...]
Model simulations have consistently simulated minimum pressures below 950 mb, which would be the lowest on record in many areas.
“MODELS SHOW PRESSURE WELL BEYOND WHAT HAS EVER BEEN OBSERVED NEAR THE NJ/NY COAST (EVEN EXCEEDING THE 1938 LONG ISLAND EXPRESS [HURRICANE])”, writes NOAA’s Hydrometeorological Prediction Center (HPC). [...]
WJLA meteorologist Ryan Miller notes 66,549,869 people live in the National Hurricane Center’s track zone for Sandy. A large percentage of these people will likely contend with tropical storm force winds - 40-60 mph, if not somewhat greater.
- The expression "how the mighty have fallen" comes to mind here:
Former Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi has been sentenced to four years in prison for tax fraud.
- In case you were wondering:
The operator of Japan's quake-struck Fukushima nuclear power plant said on Friday it could not rule out the possibility that it may still be leaking radiation into the sea.
- It's Friday again on the Kagro in the Morning show. Greg Dworkin gave us the daily polling & punditry rundown, then were joined by Andrew Jones (aka sluggahjells) for a wide-ranging discussion of politics & media bubbles. Lastly, the insidious little trick of accounting that's coming into widespread use & lets your boss pocket taxes he's withholding from your paycheck! Don't forget to vote for Best New Show in the Stitcher Awards!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
JekyllnHyde, Gooserock, QuoVadis, lyvwyr101, gchaucer2, JeffW, Cordwainer, Gemina13, divineorder, maryabein, Curiosity, Prairie D, brook
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...129 comments 131 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 58 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- Now that I know that if I come in to your pizza parlor and ask for pepperoni pies for my gay wedding the answer will bem "NO!" , some other pressing questions leap to mind. What if it was just a ...120 comments 150 Recs
- I know that the DCCC went into "desperation" mode and caught a lot of flack with their "ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!" money begs last fall. However, I never thought I'd see them LITERALLY say that "ALL HOPE ...275 comments 375 Recs
- Ten years ago, I nearly lost my life when an RPG tore through the cockpit of my Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. The only reason I made it home was because of the heroism of my courageous buddies ...134 comments 375 Recs
- I was in Selma, Alabama on the historic Freedom Day to register voters. Tensions were high and leaders were escalating their tactics. I saw the inequality and violence that African-Americans ...49 comments 295 Recs
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 713 Recs
- Since no one in authority here has put up an "Ask me anything" diary in a while, I have taken it upon myself to cover for their sorry asses by posting my own version of "Ask me anything" even though ...360 comments 129 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.