As a white, male, near 1% American citizen, there isn't much that a Romney administration would do to make my life as such an American all that different and certainly not worse. But, for nearly everyone else, it would. I could, and have spoken my mind, taken action, and made my voice heard in person, in writing, and through financial support to causes and candidates. But right now, I want to talk about my daughters and their future in a very personal and specific way.
It is very simple:
- 67 bills passed in the TGOP controlled House of Representatives to limit or remove the rights of my daughters to control their own bodies
- GOP governors and legislatures around the country passing laws designed to get around Roe V. Wade and "end abortion" in their states.
- Forcible Rape. Rape easy. Divine rape babies and other gifts from god given by just "another method of conception".
- Unnecessary medical and psychological trauma now enshrined in law designed to intimidate my daughters from making their own decisions for the lives and bodies.
- The pre-existing condition my youngest daughter was born with, and CURED that insurance co's denied coverage for and that Obamacare prevented from day one of it's passing.
- Any chance of moving forward (in any capacity) to slow down, lessen the impact of, even stop the devastating effects of climate change and return to the certain death of a fossil-fuled end of life as we know it.
- Any chance of enforcement of the now multiple laws passed to give my daughters the right to equal pay for equal work.
There are many more reasons, but I think this is more than enough.