Just more than three-quarters of the vote has been reported in Chesterfield County, Va., an important suburban and exurban region southwest of Richmond. In the tally so far, Mitt Romney leads President Obama 54 percent to 45 percent. If those percentages hold, Mr. Romney’s performance there would match almost exactly Senator John McCain’s margin of victory in Chesterfield County in 2008: 53 percent to 46 percent. Former President George W. Bush, however, when he carried the state in 2004, won Chesterfield County with 63 percent of the vote.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Aspe4, WeNeedKerry, radarlady, HoundDog, peagreen, juca, shortmama, Remediator, Bob Duck, Grandma Susie, TX Dem 50, Gale Hollis, George3, DemInDuluth, Abby Hemani, svip
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Ian Reifowitz
- Langston Hughes' poem, " Harlem " has been floating around in my head, as I watch footage from Baltimore. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like ...188 comments 167 Recs
- He doesn't mention David Brooks, of course, but [Paul Krugman clearly is directing his column today http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/04/opinion/paul-krugman-race-class-and-neglect.html?hp&action=click&...24 comments 73 Recs
- Commentary: African American Scientists and Inventors by Black Kos Editor, Sephius1 John P. Parker (1827 – February 4, 1900) was an African-American abolitionist, inventor, iron moulder and ...181 comments 66 Recs
- The day has finally arrived! Bernie Sanders has announced that he's running for president, to save the country and the Democratic party. He's a brave man with a big heart, a sharp mind and ...343 comments 335 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 280 Recs
- M.L. King arrested in 1958 in Montgomery, Alabama, for "loitering" outside a courtroom where there was a hearing for his friend Ralph Abernathy, founder of the Southern Christian Leadership ...37 comments 67 Recs
- Story by Pamela Hess, UPI Pentagon Correspondent [not The Onion ] Rumsfeld: Looting is transition to freedom [F]reedom's untidy. And free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do ...103 comments 279 Recs
- So, I was just perusing other blogs and I believe I found this one on Eschaton which had a link to the gawker. "Baltimore is a Shithole": Undisturbed Peace at the Maryland Hunt Club." Read it and ...102 comments 95 Recs
Ian Reifowitz's Tags
- No current results.