We gave him our loyalty for two elections, but what will Obama give us for it? Will he stand behind his campaign promises or will he slink away from them like he did in '08?
We need more than the token gestures and half-assed job he did during his first four years. We need the following at the very least:
(1) Stand up to the military/industrial complex. End the endless wars, come home, and let's balance the budget right there.
(2) Strengthen the social safety net by not raising retirement age, and actually fighting for Medicare and Medicaid funding.
(3) Increase NASA's measly budget, is that asking to goddamned much?
(4) Let's start paring back the Patriot Act, and un-sign the NDAA.
(5) End the war against the internet. It's the only modern tool we have to promote democracy, but by all accounts, Obama continues to criminalize dissent by spying on social sites and shutting down legal file sharing sites in other countries.
(6) End the drug war. It's a ridiculous waste of money. Fuck CCA and all the private prison contracts.
(7) Revisit the public option, so that Obamacare can survive future conservative challenges.
(8) Reform this idiotic election system to include third parties and eliminate the goddamned electoral college. And for shit's sake, can we vote online? If we can bank online, why can't we vote online?