To the casual observer, this young couple look just like any other teenagers in love.I just thought this was pretty cool.
But pretty Katie Hill and her boyfriend Arin Andrews share a unique bond - they were both born as the opposite sex.
Katie, 18, spent the first 15 years of her life as Luke, son of a Marine colonel, while Arin, 16, was born a girl called Emerald who excelled at ballet dancing and won beauty contests.
Both struggled with their sexuality all through their childhoods and were teased and bullied but their lives were changed when they both began hormone therapy and later met at a trans support group in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and instantly fell in love.
Katie said: 'All I saw was a handsome guy. We're perfect for each other because we both had the same troubles growing up.
'We're both size five, so we even swap our old clothes our mum's bought us but we hated.
'We look so convincing as a boy and a girl, nobody even notices now. We secretly feel so good about it because it's the way we've always wanted to be seen.'
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
vacantlook, gerard w, rserven, irishwitch, john07801, ThatPoshGirl, MsGrin, vahana, asterkitty, IB JOHN, jacey, QDMacaw, grubber
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by dov12348
- ...and we're only on Day 2 of her campaign. Carly Fiorina thinks because she's a woman, she's Hillary's biggest competitor. So, in an interview today, she gets asked what I've often heard men ...29 comments 7 Recs
- There are times when life gets a little financially rough. We have been asking for donations to help out elenacarlena . So far, we’ve raised enough to cover her rent payment (which was due ...125 comments 126 Recs
- Welcoming Members to the Club No One Wants to Join: Newly Diagnosed with Cancer (plus book question)There are worse conditions than cancer. I'll leave it up to each of you to fill in the blank with your own nominations, since what "worse" means is undoubtedly idiosyncratic. Recently, most ...39 comments 23 Recs
- ... that I got off on the wrong foot here on DKos and made a bit of an asshat of myself.13 comments 5 Recs
- Hello all, Just wanted to write a short diary thanking 2Thanks and the community for your many kind words, thoughts and prayers. I was just discharged and came home about an hour ago, and I was ...21 comments 86 Recs
- Please keep tipping and recommending so as many people as possible will see this diary! We only have a day to accomplish our goal. THANK YOU! Due to a situation far beyond our control, the Derby ...119 comments 69 Recs
- I am afraid that he would be the best chance that the Republicans could have at winning the White House in 2016.225 comments 5 Recs
- So I'm back for a minute and I'm at a point now where I'm thinking: Do whatever the hell you want to do with regard to financial support and voting. I'm done trying to appeal to anyone's common ...65 comments 7 Recs
- Look, I don't know what we're supposed to do about our bullshit political system but it seems to me that it must start with facing up to the facts. Believing that this time, someone is actually ...151 comments 228 Recs
- BROOKLYN!!! Let me count the ways. Refute them if you can. 1. Timing. Barack Obama would not have even thought of challenging Hillary Clinton were it not for two extremely fortunate ...163 comments 42 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.