As you may already have seen, Sara has conceived of yet another brilliant idea for the holidays for those of us who participate in the Kos Katalogue merchant program:
If you're interested in a piece from one of us, but don't feel that you can spend the money on it for yourself, you can put yourself on a Secret Santa list, and people can contact the seller to contribute toward its purchase for you. [Alternatively, you can play Santa's Elf by putting someone else's name on this list, and/or contributing toward such a purchase.]
Wings's two newest pieces, completed only this morning:
Other high-end cuffs:
Wings has also recently begun working in copper. One of three new copper cuff bracelets:
Wings's most recent necklace:
The pictured pin is more expensive because of the value of the stones used. One other Christmas tree pin (not pictured) is currently available, made with one cab each of jade, lapis, and malachite; $95 (plus shipping/insurance). Christmas tree pins can also be ordered.
For samples of Wings's photography, reflecting the world of Taos Pueblo and its people, see the Photography Gallery on the Web site, or visit this diary. I'll try to do another diary soon with additional images.
Katsinam (kachinas) by Josh Aragon:
Drums by Lee Lujan and Elk Good Water:
Pottery by Angie Yazzie, Juanita Suazo DuBray, Henrietta Gomez, and others:
- Sculpture by Ned Archuleta and Mark Swazo-Hinds.
- Paintings by Frank Rain Leaf, Tim Saupitty, and Phyllis Belindo.
- Traditional bow-and-arrow set (fully functioning, in hand-made white buckskin quiver) by Daniel Marcus.
- Hand-carved fetishes by Ned Archuleta, Jeremy and Justin Gomez, the late Emerson Gomez, and others.
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, and personal checks (sorry, no PayPal for the business). If you're interested in being put on Sara's Secret Santa list for a piece, leave me a note in the comments, or e-mail/Kosmail me (please be specific about which piece it is). And if you're interested in commissioning a piece for the holidays, please let me know ASAP, because the amount of studio time he has available grows shorter by the day.