Florida teacher Juliet Hibbs is fighting the Broward school district over its handling of an accusation against her that she contributed to girl's homosexuality.
Hibbs, a straight woman currently on medical leave from her post at Deerfield Beach High School, was investigated last year after a student's parents complained to the school principal that Hibbs had not informed them of their daughter's sexual orientation, and that the teacher possibly contributed to their daughter being gay. Hibbs has been a teacher for 10 years.
When the teen's stepfather found out about her orientation, he began harassing the girl on Twitter, leading the girl to stay away from home, the Sun Sentinel reports. The parents also alleged that Hibbs had encouraged the girl not to go home.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Gooserock, vacantlook, rmx2630, ichibon, mph2005, blueoasis, Aaa T Tudeattack, sfbob, wayoutinthestix, Lujane, Cassandra Waites, codairem, petulans, Louisiana 1976, spacecadet1, Oh Mary Oh, cama2008, Yogurt721, CherryTheTart, Andrew F Cockburn, quill, FloridaSNMOM, George3, TheDuckManCometh
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by InsultComicDog
- Erickson: Lefties Accusing New Pope of Handing Over Lefties to Junta for Execution Make Me Adore HimThis afternoon, Erick Erickson, Editor-in-Chief of RedState.com, Tweeted what I consider to be yet another anecdotal example showing right-wing conservatives as the custodians of the pro-death party:105 comments 151 Recs
- Tom Edsall, a professor of journalism at Columbia University had a column in the New York Times earlier this week where he discussed as he titled it; The War On Entitlements . In this piece ...802 comments 75 Recs
- Thanks to a comment by Angie in WA State in today's diary Wal Mart Disaster Deepens: Shelves Empty as Sales Decline by FishOutofWater , I now have a new term to think about, honey laundering.1112 comments 60 Recs
- A good part of what makes this place great is not only the intelligence so frequently on display, but also the diversity. I admit, I enjoy both those qualities which are so evident here. Another ...472 comments 616 Recs
- Timing. Oftentimes timing can be an interesting issue. It can be a matter of getting something accomplished within a time-frame allotted or it doesn't have to be about the calender at all. Timing ...1123 comments 67 Recs
- Two days ago, on January 31, the Lakota People's Law Project submitted a report to Congress documenting allegations first reported via an NPR investigation in 2011: that South Dakota's state child ...156 comments 235 Recs
- Ignorance has many powerful advantages over knowledge. Typically it is simple and easy to communicate, while knowledge, by its very nature, usually tends to be nuanced and complex. Ignorance ...1166 comments 60 Recs
- Liberals want to take away our Constitutional rights to bear vehicle-mounted anti-aircraft guns! Conservatives are fond ...708 comments 236 Recs
- Crossposted from Hillbilly Report. Most Republicans are pretty amazing. They want low road employers to either outsource jobs or pay low wages with no benefits at the jobs they keep here. ...191 comments 406 Recs
- We've all seen these games recently on the internet where you put your name in the blank and you get your porn star name or some other silly fun with your names, but do you know what your names ...1212 comments 86 Recs
- No current results.