Oh, there'll be more about filibuster reform today. That much you can be sure of.
Yesterday we started in on a deep dive into the subject, describing the relationship between the filibuster and the "hold," how the burden of fighting a filibuster came to end up on the majority instead of the minority that was conducting it, and why no one actually has to stand up and talk to conduct a filibuster anymore.
Today, we'll finish up with an explanation of the paradox that perpetuates the filibuster rule, why everybody used to think it required a 2/3 vote to change the rules, what exactly the "constitutional option" is, how it resolves the paradox, and how it happened that it was a critical element in previous rules changes, yet everyone remains convinced that it has "never been used before."
Then, we'll probably make some jokes about the Petraeus weirdos.
We're LIVE at 9 a.m. ET with Kagro in the Morning, thanks to NetrootsRadio.com.
Listen LIVE here:The Daily Kos Radio PlayerOr if you prefer, why not download the Stitcher app on your favorite mobile device, and search for the Netroots Radio live stream? And hey, when you do, be sure to sign up with the promo code DAILYKOS, and earn Daily Kos Radio $1 in the Stitcher affiliate program! And remember to "favorite" us once you're there. We're slowly climbing in the rankings, which aren't even skewed, and the more of you who help us, the more listeners out there who'll find us on the Stitcher network.
Miss the last show? You can catch it here:Need more info on how to listen, or how to call in to the show? Find it below the fold.
Want to call in and be a part of the show? Call (617)-500-7147, and dial extension 14.
Ways to Listen to Kagro in the Morning:
Your options to listen LIVE:
- Click on the embedded Flash player above
- Go to netrootsradio.com and click on the embedded player or direct link there
- Click on this direct link if you need a non-Flash player, say, for iPad or iPhone
- iPad and iPhone users can download the SHOUTCast Radio app for your mobile device & search for "Netroots Radio."
- Download the Stitcher app and search for "Netroots Radio" to find the live stream there. (Don't forget to use the DAILYKOS promo code when you sign up!)
- On iTunes, find Netroots Radio under Radio>News/Talk Radio
- For Android: try either the "StreamFurious" or "TuneIn" apps
- BlackBerry users, see this guide by idbecrazyif
And here's a new tip: If the player hiccups or drops the audio between the shows, just go ahead and stop and restart it, and things should go smoothly after that.
If you miss the show, or just can't listen live, you can:
- find podcasts on the Daily Kos Radio group page
- download them via RSS
- find them on demand at Stitcher.com
Things you can do to help us grow:
- download the Stitcher app on your phone, search for the show, "favorite" it and help us rise in their rankings and take over the world
- like us on Facebook
- follow @DailyKosRadio on Twitter
- Feel free to download the show, edit and post your favorite clips for sharing via social media
Thanks for all your support, and enjoy the show!