- Today's comic is Butthurt CEOs of America by Matt Bors:
- Vice President Joe Biden is literally 70 years old today.
- Walking the walk:
Newark Mayor Cory Booker is set to live at least a week on food stamps after he challenged a self-described Army wife and veteran to join him in the test.
- The New York Times does not have a sense of humor.
- This copy editor has a failtastic sense of humor:
The Helena (MT) Independent Record has disciplined a copy editor for changing a line in an Associated Press story to read, “Obama was allegedly born in Hawaii.”
- Ah, the Catholic Church—where supporting women's ordination is a sin that will get you excommunicated, but raping kids is a real gray area.
- The War on Xmas is real! Fox will be so happy:
Some 45 percent of those polled said the holiday season brings so much financial pressure, they would prefer to skip it altogether. Almost half said their level of stress related to holiday expenses is high or extremely high.
- Offered without comment:
Chimpanzees going through a midlife crisis? It sounds like a setup for a joke.
But there it is, in the title of a report published Monday in a scientific journal: “Evidence for a midlife crisis in great apes.”
Former U.S. Sen. Warren Rudman, co-author of the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings deficit reduction act and a key backer of fellow Granite Stater David Souter's being named to the U.S. Supreme Court, has died. He was 82. He died overnight, having been in declining health for some time.
- This news is not very Smurfy:
Lucille Bliss, the personality-filled voice behind the iconic little blue lady marshmallow of Smurfiness, died at age 96 on Nov. 8 in Costa Mesa, Calif.
- A Thanksgiving week blogathon in support of the fourth annual Kossack-organized fund raiser to provide propane and portable heaters to the low-income communities living on South Dakota Indian reservations is in its second day of a run that will last through Sunday. The propane project, initiated by navajo and the Native American Netroots in the winter of 2009-2010 in the midst of a devastating ice storm, raised hundreds of thousands of dollars in assistance thanks to a mention by Keith Olbermann, then on MSNBC's Countdown. Since then, thousands of dollars have been raised each winter. Money is being sought specifically for the Pine Ridge and Rosebud Indian seservations, both of which border Nebraska in south-central South Dakota. Unfortunately, the problem is exacerbated by the policies of the state and federal governments and the failure of many mainstream charities to pay attention to Indian needs. Among the obstacles is theunderfunded Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), a program that supplies enough money for three to four weeks of assistance for an often brutal winter season that runs three to four months. For the Rosebud, the organizers of the fund-raising drive have developed a relationship with an Indian-owned propane company whose owners know who most needs assistance and can make deliveries within a day of receiving money. You can watch for posts starting that include "propane project" in the headline or read about the fund raiser and how to contribute here.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin stopped by to discuss the impact of the competing schools of Republican Crazy that threaten to pull their already shrinking coalition apart. Then, we reviewed a lost gem of the Internet: a 2001 Heritage Foundation analysis of the Bush tax cuts, which predicted the elimination of the national debt by 2010! It didn't work, but probably only because they weren't conservative enough, or something like that. Finally, a look at the Hostess situation, reading the excellent diary by bluebarnstormer.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
OLinda, eeff, Brooke In Seattle, flumptytail, JeffW, politicalceci, Larsstephens, annieli, wintergreen8694
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 713 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12319)
- Black Kos (3645)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (40968)
- Equal Pay (634)
- Feminism (3369)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14298)
- Planned Parenthood (2902)
- Rape (4472)
- Sarah Palin (15990)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1572)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5490)
- Women (5771)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.