All of which is is to say that no one should be terribly surprised that intrepid pile of moist journalism Erick Erickson is “prayerfully considering” a primary challenge against Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Old Man Smell) in 2014. We think that’s a really swell idea, if only because of the mileage we can get out of reminding people that the Son Of Erick likes to do things like attempt credit card fraud to “test the integrity” of campaign finance, or to call a retiring Supreme Court Justice a “goat-fucking child molester.” (But it’s OK, because he apologized, and he loves America really a lot.)Who do we have in Georgia? A Democratic Senator from Georgia could offset a loss elsewhere, and The Son of an Erick can be beaten. Georgia is not as conservative as, say, Kansas. It may well be the next North Carolina, and this would be a good start.
Erickson seems to have a compelling reason to want to replace Chambliss, which is that Chambliss “has spent twenty years in Washington and in that time has been complicit in growing Washington” and “It’s time for him to come home.” See? Stark ideological contrasts!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
ellefarr, econlibVA, sebastianguy99, ExStr8, fou, bmcphail, bearian, mikeconwell, luckylizard, renzo capetti, sboucher, Bob Duck, Trotskyrepublican, JGibson
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by blue aardvark
- Obamacare is such a failure, it can't even kill the jobs Republicans said it would!50 comments 77 Recs
- is the title of this short piece by Eugene Robinson in the Post Partisan section of the Washington Post . Robinson reminds us that the entire incident reeks of racial bias. Gray was on a street ...81 comments 217 Recs
- 89 comments 186 Recs
- (photo credit: Stephen Melkisethian ) From AP via The Huffington Post : LAGOS, Nigeria — Nigeria's ...43 comments 99 Recs
- Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . Shoot 'em? Teana Walsh, an assistant Wayne County, Michigan prosecutor posted this on her Facebook page after watching images of protesters and rioters in ...141 comments 260 Recs
- TPM has someone in the courthouse in Newark relaying the events. Link if you want the news straight from them. The headline item: David Wildstein is pleading guilty to and factual claims he is ...143 comments 291 Recs
- In 1831, four naval countries of Europe--Britain, France, Spain, and the then-independent kingdom of Sicily--argued over ownership of an island in the Mediterranean Sea. An island which lasted less ...23 comments 39 Recs
blue aardvark's Tags
- No current results.