- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Always crashing in the same car:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- Two decades later, 'Pump Up the Volume' looks unexpectedly and unfortunately ahead of its time, by Laura Clawson
- You want to compare the US budget to a family budget? Let's be real about it, by Laura Clawson
- Kings and crowns of gold, by Denise Oliver Velez
- The so very charitable Ari Fleischer, by Dante Atkins
- Austerity Kabuki, by Laurence Lewis
- Marriage equality's biggest foe says farewell to optimism, by Scott Wooledge
- Lives of the party: Looking past Obama for a progressive Democratic coalition, by billmon
- Former congresswoman Gabby Giffords—the victim/survivor of a mass shooting—went to Newton, Connecticut to privately meet with some of the families who lost loved ones in the Sandy Hook massacre ... a local Republican (of course) lawmaker objected:
State Rep. DebraLee Hovey, who represents Newtown and Monroe, posted this on her public FB page. From Florida. (Note: Hovey removed the post from her public Facebook page on Sunday afternoon).Hovey claimed that the private, closed to the press meetings had "pure political motives."
Gabby Giffords, stay out of my town.
- All hail Aqua Buddha—or as Wonkette put it, "Rand Paul’s Drunky Underage Son Arrested For Being Too Awesome."
What’s up, “William Hilton Paul,” if that even is your real name? (What, “Ramada” was taken?) Oh, you just got hauled off from the airport to the pokey for being too rad? Let us examine, together, your charges:
When the plane landed about 10:49 a.m., Paul was charged with consuming beer/wine underage, disorderly conduct and being intoxicated and disruptive.
- Comedy. These nuts never give up:
They’re at it again. The reliably unhinged crazies over at WorldNetDaily have a new axe to grind when it comes to their tiresome obsession with proving that President Obama is not legally entitled to serve in the office he’s held for four years and counting. Their latest gambit involves insisting that Chief Justice John Roberts is violating the Constitution by administering the oath of office to the president for the second time on January 21, and warning that he will be subject to “impeachment and eternal dishonor” if he does so.
- A blast from the past:
- Funny, mostly for the last two lines:
Ed Schloeman's parents purchased four eastern box turtles in the early 1940s, right around the time Schloeman was born.
When his parents died 15 years ago, the surviving turtle, Willie, went to Schloeman, who still lives in the Windsor Terrace neighborhood he grew up in, and who is now 70 years old.
... But late last year, Willie vanished. [...]
Schloeman said Willie has no particular personality, and didn't appear personally anguished over his disappearance.
"You can’t get close to a turtle," he said.
- We hit on a wide range of topics in today's Kagro in the Morning show. We talked gun issues and coalition politics with Greg Dworkin, then the platinum coin issue and Senate Dems on Lieberman vs. Rs on Hagel with Armando. Plus, the (supposed) coup against Boehner, the rash of New Years' "celebratory gunfire" casualties; frackers who are poisoning Pennsylvania, then dumping their sick & uninsured workers on the local hospitals, and; a recap on the "time out" on filibuster reform.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...130 comments 133 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 60 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- Now that I know that if I come in to your pizza parlor and ask for pepperoni pies for my gay wedding the answer will bem "NO!" , some other pressing questions leap to mind. What if it was just a ...120 comments 150 Recs
- I know that the DCCC went into "desperation" mode and caught a lot of flack with their "ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!" money begs last fall. However, I never thought I'd see them LITERALLY say that "ALL HOPE ...275 comments 375 Recs
- Ten years ago, I nearly lost my life when an RPG tore through the cockpit of my Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. The only reason I made it home was because of the heroism of my courageous buddies ...134 comments 375 Recs
- I was in Selma, Alabama on the historic Freedom Day to register voters. Tensions were high and leaders were escalating their tactics. I saw the inequality and violence that African-Americans ...49 comments 295 Recs
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 714 Recs
- Since no one in authority here has put up an "Ask me anything" diary in a while, I have taken it upon myself to cover for their sorry asses by posting my own version of "Ask me anything" even though ...360 comments 129 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.