is because of reaganomics. Duh. Cutting taxes does not (surprise!) raise revenue and if there is also no political will to cut spending - I'm not even making any value judgments here - teh deficit is going up. I've got some Republican in me. I worry about debt. But Jesus H. Christ on a bicycle, we (and I mean we the people, people I know and care about in my daily life) are just almost overwhelmingly stupid about this.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by larri
- This one has been on my mind for a while, so I guess the time is now to share some things I have come across relating to the origins of the Mormon experience. I don't often write diaries, but some ...25 comments 21 Recs
- Taponas Colorado with Flattops in the background. From a walk I did early last fall. Above is my first view of the flat tops while driving across the flats south of Taponas Colorado in early July. ...17 comments 26 Recs
- The Pythagorean theorem may be the best-known equation in mathematics. Its origins reach back to the beginnings of civilization, and today every student continues to study it. What most ...19 comments 22 Recs
- While watching The West Point Story , with James Cagney and Doris Day, I was struck by how clearly the early films portrayed the concept of a studio owning the star. The not so subtle subtext was ...3 comments 6 Recs
- and before you have a cow and assume I am biased in my teaching, that is not the point of my statement. I write only about how I approach my students. I do not treat them"objectively." I do not ...13 comments 21 Recs
- Yes, you read that right- Fuck Joe Paterno. And you can HR me, unfollow me, curse me out or do whatever you want for saying that. Have at it. I don't care. I don't care that Joe Paterno is dead. I ...2389 comments 1106 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.