President Obama has just issued directives, guidelines, and actions to the Executive branch of government, as the Constitution gives him the right to do.
Yet the hyperbolic spokesmen for Republicans and the NRA, act as if this is the end of democracy as we know it. They equate this with the actions of a King.
Others have gone so far as to equate Obama with Hilter, because apparently Obama has the nerve to try to make schools a safer place. Hey, I thought that was what the NRA wanted ...
by Chelsea Rabideau, WHAS11.com -- Jan 16, 2013
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11)
Of the 23 executive orders President Obama signed on Wednesday, three had to do with school safety. First, train first responders, law enforcement, and school officials for active shooter situations. Number two, the president wants to give incentives for schools to hire resource officers. Number three, come up with emergency response plans for schools, places of worship, and colleges.
A document from the White House explains the president’s intention with the orders. He aims to create not only physically safer schools, but to provide counselors and psychologists to create more nurturing environments to prevent school violence.
Ordering the Dept of Ed, and other (executive) Law Enforcement agencies, to prepare for and effectively respond to future gun violence events at public schools -- is apparently beyond the pale on whatever planet they think they live on.
"If Obama wants it -- it must be wrong. Ipso Fatso, and a pot of Tea. How dare they provide public assistance to the mentally troubled! @#&! Socialism!"
"And if Obama orders it -- it must mean the end of Revolutionary and Civil War re-enactments on planet hysteria. No more playing Survivalists in the Park -- darn!"Just read it and weep "responsible gun owners" -- Obama MUST BE out to take away YOUR Guns. It MUST be in the fine-print there somewhere ... All the wingers are screaming it's so ...
by David Weigel, slate.com -- Jan. 16, 2013
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
It's in there somewhere ... the secretly coded-language, when read in a mirror backwards. Doncha know what it really says:
"Obama wants to confiscate and BAN your Guns."
"Be afraid, 'responsible gun owners,' be very afraid, because they're coming for you."
"The self-appointed King-CEO has spoken," ... Rand Paul has decreed it.