On Dec. 17, 2012, just days after the Newtown, CT shooting tragedy that killed 20 children and 6 adults, Roger Hedgecock, conservative talk radio host and former mayor of San Diego, California, responded on his show by blaming "liberals", Democrats in general, political correctness, and added a comparison of President Obama to Hitler. This video contains audio from Hedgecock's talk show on station 760 KFMB AM in San Diego on that day:
"Funny how all of these school massacres occur...in blue states."
"I am so tired of this politically correct society, it is producing these killers. I want to say that as clearly as I can. I think this politically correct society, after 50, 60 years of this stuff, is producing these killers. It is the product of political correctness."
On the Newtown, CT shooting again: "Liberals, you own this. Your gun-free zone has killed people...Liberals, you have caused these people to die. "
On Hitler: "In 1932 the man was simply bringing hope and change to Germany."
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by WCWatch
- All you have to do is turn on the news to be greeted with another grizzly shooting. There are 86 gun deaths in America every single day, including 32 murders. There is an unholy alliance ...7 comments 5 Recs
- By now, we are all familiar with the big splash which resulted and continues to ripple from the fantastical claims made by Edward Snowden and his mouthpiece, Glenn Greenwald, about the ease with ...1099 comments 229 Recs
- Many of us understand the damage Rush Limbaugh, FOX News, and 'hate media' has done to our country in promoting racism, homophobia, misogyny and bigotry. They perpetuate lies and poison the minds ...264 comments 380 Recs
- I've been mesmerized by the meltdown in D.C. these past couple weeks, how about you? Am I glad it's over? Heck yeah. If only it were over.... Frank Rich wrote a terrific putting-things-in-...16 comments 11 Recs
- This year is the 10th anniversary of Rachel Corrie's death; she died protesting the Israeli policy of collective policy against the Palestinian people. Her death is a reminder that the rights we ...19 comments 20 Recs
- So, yeah, I've read about 'em, seen them on TV, but have never actually met one before. Hopefully this will also be the last encounter I have. "Obama is a crook." "Why do you think he is a crook."251 comments 262 Recs
- Limbaugh Is Losing! With Each Hateful Word, More Sponsors Leave. (300 Left Last Month) Total: 2,500+(Updated) “We wanted to know who her owner was, and we wanted to know how much he got for her.... She might have outlived her usefulness on the plantation,” Limbaugh declared. “I mean, [...205 comments 354 Recs
- Mistaken identity or ambush? In the predawn hours of February 7th, a normally quiet neighborhood in Torrance, California, was jolted awake by a barrage of gunfire. 71-year-old Emma Hernandez, ...470 comments 303 Recs
- Been gone for a month, working on projects including one regarding gun control. Conclusion so far? There are too many people shooting other people in this country.149 comments 164 Recs
- UPDATE: You have my full permission to reprint, distribute, or in any way copy and reuse this post in its entirety. In fact, I strongly encourage you to do so. I've been putting off sharing this ...450 comments 975 Recs
- No current results.