Just trying to get the word out about this rally for those that don't know.
KeystoneXL is very dangerous and we must stop it.
This pipeline will hurt the Obama Presidency and more importantly, our environment.
If Obama is serious about tackling climate change, KeystoneXL is a big test.
There is a lot of pressure on Obama to pass this disaster waiting to happen via the energy and oil lobby and the false narrative that the pipeline will create jobs.
So it's up to us to counter that pressure and let Obama know that the American people do not want this dangerous, faulty, carbon producing pipeline in our country.
Below is more information about the rally and some facts about the KeystoneXl pipeline that highlight our need to make sure it never sees the light of day.
You can find all information about the 'Forward on Climate' rally here.here
This is being billed as the largest climate rally in US history.
Taking place on Sunday, Feb. 17th at the National Mall in Washington D.C. between noon - 4pm.
Twitter Hashtags: #ForwardOnClimate & #NoKXL
So go be a part of history and save our environment if you can make it.
This is one of those times when people power and grassroots organizing must defeat corporate and lobbyist money.
We've done it before, we can do it again!
Some facts about KeystoneXL complete with sources. Please feel free to spread these around and get the word about about what a huge mistake building this pipeline would be.
1. KeystoneXL will only create 20 American Jobs
2. Keystone XL will actually RAISE gas prices, NOT reduce them
3. Canada's Keystone Pipeline had 12 major leaks in 2011 alone
4. Mining for Tar Sands will make Global Warming worse
5. KeystoneXL would only export oil, not supply it to the US. The Pipeline would run THROUGH America, not TO it.
6. Even Fox News says KeystoneXL would be a disaster
7. KeystoneXL could set off a dangerous 'carbon bomb'