As Mike Papnatonio stated on the Ed Schultz Show today, this whole tragic ordeal is starting to be reminiscent of the O.J. scenario. Unlike the O.J. situation, the evidence seems to really point towards the guilt of Oscar Pistorius. Let me add however, that the media gets to talk about whatever they deem important on any topic. This real life drama is being made into a major media hype like the O.J. issue, while the really important things we should be concerned about and doing, get the 'wag the dog' treatment.
I tried to run for U.S. Senate and address some of these issues but got attacked by those folks that can't stand to see a real progressive beat a fake one who the media decides to back. I get shunned by Ed Schultz and the rest of the 'progressive' media, because they don't want candidates who make their fake Progressives in Congress look bad. So what could be more imminently important to make happen as a progressive than focusing on this?
1) Ban Hydrofracking Nationally
2) Raise the cap on Social Security contributions from $107,000 to $ 1 Million
3) Cap all student loan interest, public and private at 3%
4) Raise the dividend interest rate to 20% from 15%
5) Cut military spending in areas that are NOT placing the U.S. at risk including capping profits by military contractors
6) Cut out all the Gas and Oil tax loopholes once and for all
7) Start making cars like Tata Motors started that run on compressed air and get those manufactured and running in the appropriate areas of the country that are relatively flat and temperate (great for those who travel 1-2 max, and less than 150 miles per week to and from work)
8) Bring back Glass-Steagall
Much more...but give us a break; there are significant numbers of people that are drawn to Pistorius-like stories..some of us really want these other things focused on instead. If I got your attention with the title of this Diary, and you're more of my mindset, see me on Facebook at Federally Ban Fracking! G-d Bless.
Scott Noren DDS