- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Pick-a-Pope:
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- Republican Sen. Sessions has a 'better message' for screwing over welfare recipients, by Laura Clawson
- The Church, humility, and an upcoming war for relevance, by Hunter
- Good teachers forced out of the classroom by bad policy, by Laura Clawson
- About that massive cover-up, by Jon Perr
- 2012 candidates versus the expectations game, by David Jarman
- Joe the Plumber(tm) wants to give you a gun.
I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning. GOP Rep. Steve Stockman of Texas, bff of gun-nut and NRA board member Ted Nugent, is holding a very special meeting in the US Capitol building next week to blast President Obama and the entire notion of “gun free zones.”
Stockman’s meeting is being called ”The Fallacy of Gun Free School Zones.” He’s offered legislation repealing the federal gun free zone law that protects schools.
So where is Stockman holding his meeting blasting the dangers of gun free zones? In the US Capitol building, a gun free zone.
- NRA President David Keene on background checks:
King also asked him if the NRA would punish members of Congress who support universal background checks on gun purchases, which he said recent polls show most Americans support, and which the NRA at one time supported but now opposes.
Keene responded: "The answer is yes."
- Remember the video of that kid being snatched up by an eagle?
Four Canadian film students were assigned a project: Create a YouTube hoax video that gets 100,000 views. They got nearly 42 million instead. Here’s the definitive behind-the-meme look at how — and why — their homework snowballed into one of the most popular and rapidly spread videos ever.
- Check this out: "The National Mall 150 years ago (compared to now)."
- And in case you're following this story:
After four days of combative hearings, a South African magistrate on Friday granted bail for Oscar Pistorius, the double amputee track star accused of murdering his girlfriend in a case that has horrified and fascinated the nation and much of the world.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin wrapped up yesterday's gun policy forum in CT, including the participation of VP Joe Biden, which the press dismissed as "pleading." Next: conservative cognitive dissonance from David Brooks and Orrin Hatch, each with distinct delusions on the sequester. Also: a read through a NYT story on "degree inflation," a new angle on problems posed by 3D printing, the FBI raid on The Scooter Store, and great points from Dave Johnson on the push for Postal Service privatization.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...129 comments 132 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 59 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- Now that I know that if I come in to your pizza parlor and ask for pepperoni pies for my gay wedding the answer will bem "NO!" , some other pressing questions leap to mind. What if it was just a ...120 comments 150 Recs
- I know that the DCCC went into "desperation" mode and caught a lot of flack with their "ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!" money begs last fall. However, I never thought I'd see them LITERALLY say that "ALL HOPE ...275 comments 375 Recs
- Ten years ago, I nearly lost my life when an RPG tore through the cockpit of my Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. The only reason I made it home was because of the heroism of my courageous buddies ...134 comments 375 Recs
- I was in Selma, Alabama on the historic Freedom Day to register voters. Tensions were high and leaders were escalating their tactics. I saw the inequality and violence that African-Americans ...49 comments 295 Recs
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 713 Recs
- Since no one in authority here has put up an "Ask me anything" diary in a while, I have taken it upon myself to cover for their sorry asses by posting my own version of "Ask me anything" even though ...360 comments 129 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.