A 1990-1991 visit to one of John Todd's living machines treating sewage and septage with ecological systems design and without chemicals in Providence, RI. The mention of the MWRA (MA Water Resources Authority) refers to the project then going on to fix the water system for most of the Boston area.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by gmoke
- Cross-posted from Real Economics . The TPP has brought the issue of "free trade agreements" to the fore again, so I think it is time we looked honestly at what has happened to the three North ...46 comments 57 Recs
- RT RT and The Ecologist report that a huge forest fire near the abandoned contaminated zone around the Chernobyl disaster site in northern Ukraine is releasing plutonium as well as cesium and ...14 comments 13 Recs
- A column in last week's edition of America magazine reported that Dom Hélder Câmara , a Brazilian archbishop who was known for his championing of the poor, will be considered for sainthood ...36 comments 5 Recs
- Who knew? In 2012 around the globe, 4.3 million people, mainly women and children, die from household air pollution from cooking with solid fuels - these deaths are linked to inhaling carbon ...3 comments 20 Recs
- Welcome to bookchat where you can talk about anything...books, plays, essays, and books on tape. You don’t have to be reading a book to come in, sit down, and chat with us. My readers are ...81 comments 35 Recs
- Alice Barker enjoying the rare footage her friends were able to find. The most delightful video of the day. Alice Barker is 102 years old and thanks friends and volunteers at her nursing home in ...94 comments 331 Recs
- Climate news gets worse every day. The eye slides away; the heart falters. There seems little hope when we consider that if the world could, by some political miracle, reduce carbon emissions to zero,12 comments 16 Recs
- You might be surprised how many adults there are across the Nation "who think global warming is happening?" (63%) Even the State with the lowest score to that Question (WV), had a Majority of 54% --23 comments 40 Recs
- For some time, TV meteorologists seemed to be the last bastion of climate "skeptics." This was a major problem, because watching TV weather personalities is about as close as most regular Americans ...15 comments 14 Recs
- Recent articles about the climate have been disturbing not only for their predictions but because they demonstrate the problem that dealing with pieces of the system can create. For example: West ...2 comments 5 Recs
- No current results.