Hello again painting fans.
This week I will be continuing with painting the painting of the 1949 Packard. I'm using my usual acrylic paints on a large 20x20 inch gallery-wrapped canvas. The photo that I am using is seen directly below.
When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.
Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.
I found that I had to do some further revision of the grille and bumper. Note that the upper right corner of the central grille has been reshaped and the grille bars have been curved a bit. The result is now more faithful to the photo. Below, the bumper guards have been reshaped and reduced in size. I've also cleaned the edges of the headlights a bit. Finally, and most notably, the body paint has received some paint intended to simulate a reflection. I've used this technique several times before. A loose layer of watery whitish paint has been applied with one of my older loose brushes. I've applied it in a way that vaguely resembles the photo. I think that it works fairly well.
The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.
I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.
Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.