Here's the petition again: http://www.edmarkey.com/...Big Oil companies like BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil, and Shell make billions of dollars in profits every year.
So why are Republicans in Congress giving them a free ride?
Oil and gas companies currently hold drilling leases that allow them to produce oil and gas from our waters without paying one cent in royalties to the American people.
Oil and gas companies shouldn't get a free ride while families struggle to get by. Click here to tell Congress: No more free rides for Big Oil:
This isn't just about fairness. It's about what's best for our economy.
Allowing oil and gas companies to use resources that belong to the American people without paying for them has already cost taxpayers more than $11 billion in forgone revenue, and is expected to cost another $15.5 billion over the next decade.
We simply cannot afford to squander tens of billions of taxpayer dollars by continuing to allow oil and gas companies to drill for free on our public lands.
It's time for this wasteful practice to end -- and I need you standing with me. Add your voice: Tell Congress the free rides need to end right now!
Received this e-mail today from Senate candidate and climate hawk, Congressman Ed Markey (D. MA-5):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
ichibon, AnotherMassachusettsLiberal, praenomen, DWG, TiredOfGOPLies, ScottyUrb, Calamity Jean, carver, Nebraskablue, DefendOurConstitution, Words In Action, AnnieR, 420 forever, Steve Canella, Chaddiwicker, jbob, northerntier
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) is one of the more endangered Republicans up for re-election in 2016, which might have something to do with the fact that he'...4 comments 8 Recs
- I know that you’re well aware of the historic obstruction we’ve seen from the GOP on issues ranging from the budget to President Obama’s ability to negotiate treaties to an increase in the ...2 comments 8 Recs
- Let us open an account for you, or ten.33 comments 100 Recs
- Still not onboard with fast-tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership Under the rubric of "prioritize jobs" Democratic Sens. Tammy Baldwin (WI), Sherrod Brown (OH), Al Franken (MN), ...16 comments 53 Recs
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid and ...26 comments 45 Recs
- No current results.