General embarrassment to the state and walker stooge, State Atty. General JB Van Hollen, is asking his wingnut pals in the legislature for around $1 mil for a solicitor general to defend wanker's policies from court challenges. It seems "his lawyers are stretched thin and don't have the expertise needed to deal with all the court challenges Walker's policies have sparked." Also, apparently a lot of Justice Dept. lawyers are union members, and so it's hard to get them to defend anti union laws. (Well I'll be!) The money for it is included in wanker's budget. Conservative star indeed.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Creosote, kalihikane, ruleoflaw, petral, commonmass, DiegoUK, surfermom, Sark Svemes, Mentatmark, jacey, BRog, Jollie Ollie Orange, TheDuckManCometh, Dodgerdog1
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by bunsk
- Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) It takes some chutzpah to run for president ...63 comments 219 Recs
- I saw on PoliticusUSA that the Koch Brothers' problems with the IRS have a big reason behind them. They don't control it with their billions of dollars, and now they're about to be investigated for ...146 comments 353 Recs
- In the United States the definition of high-speed rail ranges from 90 mph to 150 mph. The average speed of the the fastest train currently running in the United States, the ...169 comments 106 Recs
- Sorry. Can't let you get married because straight people won't feel superior any more. This upcoming Tuesday, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on whether it is constitutional for ...50 comments 71 Recs
- Last week two Senior NASA Scientists confidently predicted that we will find evidence of extraterrestrial life within a decade or ...297 comments 159 Recs
- [The City Manager] has failed to rein in a police department that needs careful oversight and control. His administration’s shell game with a report on the fatal shooting by police of Kendrec ...39 comments 126 Recs
- if one can take a break from the personality driven politics in the US in a country where 36% of the "citizens" cannot name the current VP and consider that in this country which was the first ...245 comments 256 Recs
- The national spotlight on Kansas continues. And as a resident, the actions of an ultra-“conservative” (I’ll get to those quotations in a minute) legislature and governor are painful and ...83 comments 115 Recs
- Hillary leads all Republican candidates in the important swing states of Ohio, Nevada, Florida, and Pennsylvania. However, there will be one candidate on the ballot in those states that is far more ...121 comments 143 Recs
- It's really too bad there aren't going to be any more Republican presidents. They can lay their presidential aspirations aside. There will never again be a Republican in the White House. The GOP has ...44 comments 9 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.