When you divorce politics from policy as thoroughly as we have done in this country -- whether this has occurred through a feckless courtier media, or through a political class insulated by the power of money, or by the steady, parallel drumbeats of empty centrism and government-as-the-problem, or by all of those combined -- then you ask for exactly what we have today -- a nation of paralyzed, impotent majorities, speaking a language that the political elites no longer choose to learn. We have majorities that can be safely ignored.Read the whole thing if you want to know why that election we had in 2012 seems to have evaporated as far as the press and the DC establishment are concerned.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
hnichols, afox, 3goldens, Sun Tzu, DarkestHour, One Pissed Off Liberal, DvCM, luckylizard, tardis10, ricklewsive, that1ukno
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by xaxnar
- Off the rails in North Dakota. The Department of Transportation predicted last July that there ...71 comments 99 Recs
- The interactive map above shows which party was leading just after 11 PM EST and ...140 comments 156 Recs
- Jeb Bush Is this Mitt Romney's big legacy? Republican presidential candidates are straining to show that they really, really care about ...27 comments 27 Recs
- Well if U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman's indictment is any guide, it was quite a lot. Full text of Wildstein indictment courierpostonline.com -- May 1, 2015 [ pg 4 ] [...] 2. From in or about ...175 comments 234 Recs
- Nothing to see here! Two years ago, scientists at UCLA predicted there would ...77 comments 160 Recs
- I'm so outraged as I'm writing this that I'm going to have to be extra careful about typos, etc. Republicans in Congress have passed a bill that would make it perfectly legal for your boss to fire ...116 comments 214 Recs
- Salon's Bill Curry says it very well here: Bernie Sanders really matters: He doesn’t have to win to build a progressive movement Stop thinking about winners, losers and the dumb horse race. Let's ...384 comments 236 Recs
- I’m a middle-aged white guy. I was born lucky (i.e., white male American, with loving, affluent, involved parents) and just kept getting luckier, so I have had very little interaction with the ...253 comments 366 Recs
- During a recent motorcycle trip, I visited the Planes of Fame Museum in Valle, Arizona . The main Planes of Fame Museum is located in Chino, California ; the Arizona adjunct is what I would describe ...17 comments 15 Recs
- The iconic Morgan Freeman has with three little ...68 comments 228 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.