Westboro Baptist Church (WBC), a small anti-gay, anti-Semite group of haters based in Hell, I mean Kansas, came out of their hole yesterday, just hours after the Boston bombings, to damn us all. While writing this story and doing research, I decided to take a look at their website (quite disturbing as you might expect). I saw that they had just released a statement which will be made into flyers, saying they plan to picket the funerals of those who died in the Boston bombs. On their site, GodHatesFags.com, they claim have picketed over 50,000 funerals. Yesterday, they said the Boston bombings were due to Boston’s equal-marriage laws — except that’s not what they called the laws. This despicable group couldn’t even wait one day after the tragedy without damning the three victims who have died, including an eight-year-old boy. Westboro Baptist Church got on Twitter within hours to spew their special brand of hate, throughout social media and the world. That’s what they do. [Note: as of this writing their site with the statement above was down...
The group formed in 1991 under the direction of ‘Pastor’, Fred Phelps, and came into national spotlight in 1998 when they were featured on CNN. Westboro Baptist Church picketed the funeral of Matthew Shepard, a young man from Laramie, Wyoming who was beaten to death by two men because of his homosexuality. Since then, the WBC has attracted attention for many more actual and planned funeral pickets. On their site, they claim to have picked over 50,000 funerals.
Here is a sample of this church’s ‘love’:If anything good can come from the Westboro Baptist Church, (They have been banned in UK) it is that they seem to bring other religions and political parties together. The Baptist church denounces them, as do many other religions. Bill O’Reilly calls them,"Evil and despicable" and I’d bet I would be hard-pressed to find a Democrat who would disagree. (Call it a hunch.) The bottom line is WBC often crosses the lines of human and moral decency.So here we are again, with Westboro Baptist Church. Where might be, the bad-ass-truth-seeking, Anonymous, who sent a video message to WBC back in December. That’s when WBC was picketing Sandy Hook victims. Ironically, yesterday’s Boston Marathon was to honor the children who died in the Sandy Hook massacre. So I’m hoping Anonymous will show up again to give WBC a refresher course on manners. (Never with violence.) They recently ‘showed up’ to expedite the lagging judicial systems for America’s Steubenville rape case, and Canada’s Rehtaeh Parsons’ rape and suicide case. And while doing some research for this story, I also read some recently released information: Anonymous apparently brought down North Korean websites–for a second time. They get around, they do. Below is the audio clip that was sent to Westboro Baptist Church by Anonymous. It’s good. It’s very good.Here are some samples of yesterday’s Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) Loving Tweets:
@NBCNews: #BostonMarathon explosion aftermath: How you can help? Only help: Say reinstate Death Penalty for Fags! Stop proud sin & #ObeyGod
@cnnbrk #Obama: “We’ll find out who did this. We’ll find out why they did this #Boston Who: God Almighty! Why: USA WBC for saying #NoFags
“@Nightline:Kids Hit Hard by Boston Marathon Explosionsabcn.ws/YqZLeu” cry me a river!#4KMurderedEachDayInDoomedusa
There were 8 year olds in Sodom, “but the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire & brimstone from heaven, & destroyed them all.”
USA must institute death penalty for fags/dykes, or violence will fully consume u! #GodSentTheBomber #GodIsNotMocked!#GodH8sFagMarriageI’d call Anymous and ask them to please give WBC a shout, but well, I don’t know their number, and they’re not listed. (I have a feeling they are already ‘on it’.)
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Tinfoil Hat, peacestpete, koNko, dov12348, Cassandra Waites, ZedMont, jacey, IndieGuy, cassandracarolina, jennyp
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Leslie Salzillo
- Somebody needs to wipe the climate-change-denying smile off Lamar Smith's mug. The story about Republicans in committee axing big hunks of government science budgets sparked a deluge of social ...113 comments 225 Recs
- This week the Louisville Courier-Journal broke news that Marilyn Thomas, the college girlfriend of James Comer (Comer is Kentucky's Agriculture Commissioner and a Republican candidate for Governor)6 comments 2 Recs
- ...4 comments 3 Recs
- Daniel Chong left for 5 days, handcuffed, without food or water or toilet—in a holding cell The LA Times is reporting on Daniel Chong, a 23-year-old UC San Diego engineering student who was ...67 comments 170 Recs
- Everyone talks about this problem of Money in Politics . Some Candidates have been talking about it long before "it was kool." Bernie Sanders on What Money Does to Politics (with Video) on ...17 comments 53 Recs
- Reefer madness! The folks at D.A.R.E (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) fell for a fake news story about a shocking number of deaths and pregnancies from the devil weed. They ...27 comments 30 Recs
- I recently came upon evidence of some inappropriate use of his office by a Wisconsin politician. Nothing that would send him to jail or even disgrace him horribly (particularly in light of what we'...12 comments 5 Recs
- Welcome to the Tuesday edition of the Coffee Hour at Street Prophets. This is an open thread where we can discuss what’s happening in our lives, what we’ve been working on, and our opinions on ...5 comments 17 Recs
- (Some) white folks haven't changed in over 40 years.* (Image courtesy of The Center of the Study of Political Graphics. Cartoonist is possibly Emory Douglas, former Minister of Culture for the Black ...117 comments 86 Recs
Leslie Salzillo's Blogroll
- No current results.