You can sign Udall's petition here:The media, political pundits, and even some members of Congress said there was little hope for Democrats and Republicans to come together with a bipartisan plan to address comprehensive immigration reform.
They were wrong.
The “Gang of Eight” U.S. Senators — four Democrats (including Colorado Senator Michael Bennet) and four Republicans — released a bill that finally lays out a pathway to citizenship for immigrants living in this country while also strengthening our nation’s border security and holding employers accountable for hiring undocumented workers.
We need the momentum behind this movement to continue to the Senate floor and beyond. And that’s where you come in.I’m joining a group of 12 Senators to show our public support for comprehensive immigration reform. Will you join us and add your name as a citizen co-sponsor of this historic effort?
The comprehensive immigration reform bill isn’t perfect but rather a true bipartisan compromise with give and take from both sides. There will be opportunities to make improvements, and I will work toward an even better bill.
I’m especially glad to see the Gang of Eight include the StartUp Visa Act in their comprehensive bill. The StartUp Visa Act is a bipartisan proposal I put forward to encourage more foreign entrepreneurs and college graduates to open innovative American businesses and create jobs in the U.S.
The comprehensive legislation also includes the DREAM Act, a bill I’ve fought to pass for many years. The DREAM Act allows a quicker pathway to citizenship to high school graduates who entered the country before the age of 16 and lived in the U.S. for five years or more.Most of these DREAMers don’t know any home but America, and it’s important we welcome them — not punish them for their parents’ actions.
Please stand with my colleagues and me. Join our efforts to fix our broken immigration system. Become a citizen co-sponsor now:
Thanks to the Gang of Eight’s bipartisan initiative, we have the chance to pass comprehensive immigration reform for the first time since the 1980s. But we need your help — sign on now as a citizen co-sponsor:
Received this e-mail today from Senator Mark Udall (D. CO) regarding immigration reform:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Treatment over incarceration? Yes. Massachusetts has been fighting a growing wave of ...31 comments 83 Recs
- Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) is one of the more endangered Republicans up for re-election in 2016, which might have something to do with the fact that he'...4 comments 9 Recs
- I know that you’re well aware of the historic obstruction we’ve seen from the GOP on issues ranging from the budget to President Obama’s ability to negotiate treaties to an increase in the ...2 comments 9 Recs
- Let us open an account for you, or ten.70 comments 170 Recs
- Still not onboard with fast-tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership Under the rubric of "prioritize jobs" Democratic Sens. Tammy Baldwin (WI), Sherrod Brown (OH), Al Franken (MN), ...32 comments 87 Recs
- No current results.