You can click here to sign the petition:It's an ugly truth: As Pennsylvania's top environmental regulator, Michael Krancer shilled for the fracking industry. That's why it's exciting that he resigned from public service last month and returned to his old job: lawyering for the oil and gas industry.
Krancer's tenure as Department of Environmental Protection Secretary is a sad case study in the revolving door between the fracking industry and the DEP. His departure is an opportunity to appoint an environmental regulator who will crack down on the fracking industry's reckless disregard for Pennsylvanians' health and safety.
Governor Corbett, who will appoint Krancer's replacement, is famously pro-fracking. But he's also facing a tough re-election campaign in 2014 and will likely face harsh criticism over his environmental record. That makes this an incredibly important time to go on record pressuring Governor Corbett to appoint a DEP secretary who will protect Pennsylvanians from fracking.Tell Governor Corbett: Appoint an environmental expert without fracking industry ties as Department of Environmental Protection Secretary, not another shill for the industry. Click here to sign:
The DEP Interim Secretary is Governor Corbett's Deputy Chief of Staff, Chris Abruzzo, who has no environmental expertise and, absurdly, is only working part time at the position. It's a terrible arrangement, but we need to make sure it doesn't get even worse when a full-time DEP Secretary is appointed.
In his time at the DEP, Krancer was a vocal cheerleader for Pennsylvania's fracking boom. He fired off vitriolic letters to the EPA for investigating fracking-related water contamination in Pennsylvania, backed crippling cuts to the DEP's budget, withheld the results of water contamination tests from families impacted by fracking, and even publicly questioned mainstream climate science.In short, far from being Pennsylvania's top environmental cop, Secretary Krancer protected the profits of the same oil and gas companies that he spent much of his private sector career working for. And Pennsylvanians have suffered the consequences: flammable tap water, endless diesel truck traffic, toxic spills and blowouts, and cancer-causing air pollution.
Now that Krancer is out, we need to seize the opportunity to call out the DEP's cozy relationship with the fracking industry and demand reform.
Tell Governor Corbett: Don't appoint another fracking industry shill as Pennsylvania's top environmental regulator. Click here to sign:
Thanks for fighting fracking.
Zack Malitz, Campaign Manager
CREDO Action from Working Assets
Received this e-mail today from CREDO Action regarding Governor Tom Corbett (R. PA) and fracking:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Gowrie Gal, marina, redcedar, tobendaro, quadmom, jhop7, JamieG from Md, nosleep4u, Mentatmark, John Crapper, onceasgt, ProgressivePatriotPA, Kimbeaux
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...22 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...374 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 206 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.