Several weeks ago, this guy named kos decided it would be fun to host an Ask Me Anything diary. And it WAS, so much so that it's become a weekly event with its own tag and everything! Follow me below the
dingledoodle squigglie dKosagnocchi dividerthingie fold after a word from our sponsor...
Here at Top Comments we strive to nourish community by rounding up some of the site's best, funniest, most mojo'd & most informative commentary, and we depend on your help!! If you see a comment by another Kossack that deserves wider recognition, please send it either to topcomments at gmail or to the Top Comments group mailbox by 9:30pm Eastern. Please please please include a few words about why you sent it in as well as your user name (even if you think we know it already :-)), so we can credit you with the find!
We here at Top Comments thought perhaps you, our wonderful readers, might have a question or two for us. As TC Head Cat-herder (as an aside, the kids heard me use the phrase cat-herder, and immediately both said "Huh? You can't herd cats!" but I digress...), with some trepidation I say "Ask me anything*."
Asterisk?! You guys are a smart, funny, highly inventive group. I had to leave myself and the rest of the TC crew a bit of wiggle room! Hrmm... in the words of a bigger man than me:
I shouldn't have said that :).
Brillig's ObDisclaimer: The decision to publish each nomination lies with the evening's Diarist and/or Comment Formatter. My evenings at the helm, I try reeeeallllyy hard to publish everything without regard to content. I really do, even when I disagree personally with any given nomination. "TopCommentness" lies in the eyes of the nominator and of you, the reader - I leave the decision to you. I do not publish self-nominations (ie your own comments) and if I ruled the world, we'd all build community, supporting and uplifting instead of tearing our fellow Kossacks down.
From BentLiberal:4CasandChlo makes a good point about courtesy in the comments in jbou's Calm the f^ck down. We're all crazy. It's not a competition.
From Seneca Doane:You'll have to read today's diary by Meteor Blades to see why bobinson's comment is so mordantly hilarious, but that's fine because you really ought to read today's diary by Meteor Blades regardless.
From jlms qkw:Nominating left over flower child from The Grieving Room for her open honesty about things that matter.
From Steveningen:In BeninSC's Top Comments diary last night, 4CasandChlo gives some excellent advice on diary writing here at Daily Kos. For anyone wanting to dip their toe in the pool, this comment is a must read.
From cohenzee:wmspringer explains why taxes are necessary to curb certain behaviors.
ericlewis0 points out since the media refuses to its job, we must do it ourselves if we are to ever expose the public to the light.
From Yours Truly, brillig:In Laura Clawson's Florida GOP tells voters to be scared because Nancy Pelosi, radical Islamists, blah blah blah, BenderRodriguez confirmed what I already knew based on what The Media tell me.
The good guy - bad guy thread begun by TofG in plan9pub's diary School security guard's gun accidentally shoots student is sadly apt.
Top Mojo for yesterday, May 14th, first comments and tip jars excluded. Thank you mik for the mojo magic! For those of you interested in How Top Mojo Works, please see his diary FAQing Top Mojo.
1) Rich tax cheats are hurting US & EU governments by FishOutofWater — 161
2) I dunno- ya get out into chemtrail country, by Remembering Jello — 125
3) I am strangely comforted by jfromga — 107
4) For the record... by Trix — 97
5) This cartoon seems especially apropos by CitizenOfEarth — 97
6) I'm glad I have my rage by LeftHandedMan — 94
7) Politics is a Brutal Business, Eric by JekyllnHyde — 87
8) She probably had fluoridated tap water by HugoDog — 78
9) I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard by Tony Situ — 76
10) The crime for which he received the by JayRaye — 74
11) You're right. Without taxes no democratic... by markthshark — 71
12) It really bothers me that some people on this by BoiseBlue — 70
13) Zinger from by david mizner — 65
14) The "I don't watch Fox" is the most pathetic by voracious — 64
15) Bob Gates is an American before he's a Republican, by elwior — 64
16) A large part by Deward Hastings — 62
17) yeah, it's funny how one 5'4' nurse weighing by JayRaye — 58
18) Thank you, Aji, for keeping us updated on NDN news by navajo — 58
19) As far as I'm concerned, $30T in off-shore by ban48 — 58
20) Worst kept secret in the Village. by cybrestrike — 57
21) This is why GOP wants to dismantle IRS by Hockeyray — 57
22) omg by joanneleon — 57
23) Not really by blue aardvark — 57
24) Suicide is only the tip of the iceberg by Dallasdoc — 57
25) Not just white men, rich white men by MinistryOfTruth — 54
26) To paraphrase: by sceptical observer — 54
27) Thanks for compiling this by Progressive Pen — 54
28) Suicide rates in the EU by SamanthaCarter — 51
29) This guy is single handedly by coquiero — 51
30) Nah by high uintas — 51