- Best wishes to Nelson Mandela and his family. Mandela, 94, has been hospitalized again for a recurring lung infection. He is in "serious but stable" condition according to doctors.
- So this happened. Watch Clemons's twitter feed for more as he completes his due diligence in reporting this story.
- Meanwhile, no surprise here.
- Dude, get over it.
- Actual Biblical scholars attempt to set the record (ahem) straight:
A trio of Iowa-based religious scholars penned an op-ed in a local paper this week, reminding readers that despite popular opinion, the Bible does not simply define marriage as between one man and one woman. [...]
"The debate about marriage equality often centers, however discretely, on an appeal to the Bible," the authors wrote. "Unfortunately, such appeals often reflect a lack of biblical literacy on the part of those who use that complex collection of texts as an authority to enact modern social policy."
- Not breaking news:
Mr. McCain, Republican of Arizona, is not his party’s most recent presidential nominee. He is no longer the highest-ranking Republican on any major Congressional committee. And as party spokesmen go, these days he is just as often speaking against Congressional Republicans as with them.
Yet on many given Sundays—over 60 of them since 2010—Mr. McCain repairs to a television studio in Washington to hold forth. On “Face the Nation” alone, Mr. McCain has appeared more than any other politician in the program’s 60-year history.
- In case you missed it, the Santa Monica shooter, besides having his AR-15 assault rifle, had about 1300 rounds of ammunition with him for his little spree. A fifth victim has now died.
- Condolences to family and friends:
Abigail Heyman, a photographer whose stark portraits of women at work, at home and at weddings gave a visual concreteness to feminist doctrine of the 1970s about the oppressiveness of traditional female roles, died on May 28 at her home in Manhattan. She was 70.
- I knew it!
- Say it isn't so:
Malibu, California's most fashionable resident is moving. Today, Barbie officially put her coastal Dreamhouse on the market and is packing up her three-story pink palace.... Over the next few months, Barbie will embark on a worldwide tour to find a new dream home.
—Mattel press release
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Joan McCarter
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...129 comments 132 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...135 comments 58 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 59 Recs
- Ho. Lee. Crap. Check out this press release from Florida Governor and Lord Voldemort impersonator Rick Scott:34 comments 50 Recs
- In a move which stunned many Court observers—certainly including me—the ...58 comments 61 Recs
- Johno Espejo (left) and Matthew Mansell, a plaintiff couple in the marriage equality case, being interviewed outside the Supreme Court.52 comments 73 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- One of Corinthian Colleges' for-profit campuses. The drawn-out collapse of Corinthian Colleges was completed Sunday with the company's announcement that 28 of its campuses would be immediately ...41 comments 62 Recs
- Greetings from Asheville! DKos Asheville 4/28/15 DKos Asheville brought its eighth community meet up to life this past weekend with a historic appearance of a civil rights icon, Dr Fergie Reid, in ...45 comments 30 Recs
- Making new an old-fashioned party-building ...192 comments 196 Recs
Joan McCarter's Tags
- No current results.
Joan McCarter's Blogroll
- No current results.