- Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is Workin' in the data mine ...
- Call 911! Noted bigot, Republican Rep. Steve King, was attacked!
- What took 'em so long?
Former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin is rejoining FOX News as a contributor, announced Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of the network. Palin will appear on FOX News Channel’s (FNC) daytime and primetime programming, starting with FOX & Friends on Monday, June 17th. She will also contribute to FOX Business Network (FBN).
“I’ve had several conversations with Governor Palin in the past few weeks about her rejoining FOX News as a contributor. I have great confidence in her and am pleased that she will once again add her commentary to our programming. I hope she continues to speak her mind.”
In making the announcement, Ailes said, “I’ve had several conversations with Governor Palin in the past few weeks about her rejoining FOX News as a contributor. I have great confidence in her and am pleased that she will once again add her commentary to our programming. I hope she continues to speak her mind.”
- Don't worry ... the senator is "very disappointed" in his son's words:
Sen. Jeff Flake’s high school–aged son Tanner used Twitter to threaten the “faggot” who stole his bike that he “will find you, and … will beat the crap out of you,” joked about an acquaintance stealing one-liners because he’s Jewish, and went by the name “n1ggerkiller” in an online game.
- Well, this is awfully big of them:
Facebook Promises To Stop Treating Photos Of Breast Cancer Scars Like Pornography
- In case you missed it, Pat Robertson reacting to the Boy Scouts ending their ban against gay members:
“Two percent deciding what the rest of us does,” Robertson warned, “and they are willing to destroy it. Hollywood and the so-called liberal media has jumped on board that this is the new civil rights, well I don’t think so.”
He went on to say that it “breaks your heart” to see the Boy Scouts “torn up in order to accommodate a few kids who want to do sex with each other. It just boggles the mind.”
- From the Department of Un-freaking-believable:
Though Dan Langley had a heart attack while driving here, that did not stop a police officer from giving him three traffic tickets.
A little more than a week after the April 1 heart attack, which led to a minor traffic accident, Langley, a 20-year-old Wall, N.J., resident, received the tickets in the mail. When he went to the Spring Lake Heights Municipal Court to fight them, he and his family figured a doctor's note would help convince the local prosecutor or judge to dismiss the summonses. [...]
The result? Two tickets were dismissed, but a third was only downgraded — to a $133 fine.
"What's the charge? Criminal cardiac arrest?" his father, Chris Langley said in a later interview. [...]
Neither the municipal prosecutor, Colin Quinn, nor police could be reached for comment.
The Church of Scientology forced the British tabloid The Sun to apologize for reporting that UFOs were seen flying over the church's British headquarters — but The Sun apologized to the aliens. It is one of the best newspaper apologies ever. The Sun says it's sorry for the weekend report "Flying saucers over British Scientology HQ" — flat silver discs were seen hovering by three airplane pilots — explaining, "Following a letter from lawyers for the Church, we apologise to any alien lifeforms for linking them to Scientologists."
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin catches us up on non-NSA stories like MA-Sen, confidence in Congress falling to an all-time low, Bloomberg's plan to hold gun safety policy holdouts to account, and a preview of his planned Sunday Kos essays. Then: gun violence stats. Should we include suicides? Seattle alt weekly The Stranger on "When Domestic Violence Becomes a Mass Shooting." On the NSA, articles by Thomas Drake, another NSA whistleblower, on Snowden, and Elizabeth Goitein on how "Our Antiquated Laws Can't Cope With National Security Leaks" inform discussion of the contradictions and expected error built into our NatSec legal system.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...129 comments 132 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 59 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- Now that I know that if I come in to your pizza parlor and ask for pepperoni pies for my gay wedding the answer will bem "NO!" , some other pressing questions leap to mind. What if it was just a ...120 comments 150 Recs
- I know that the DCCC went into "desperation" mode and caught a lot of flack with their "ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!" money begs last fall. However, I never thought I'd see them LITERALLY say that "ALL HOPE ...275 comments 375 Recs
- Ten years ago, I nearly lost my life when an RPG tore through the cockpit of my Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. The only reason I made it home was because of the heroism of my courageous buddies ...134 comments 375 Recs
- I was in Selma, Alabama on the historic Freedom Day to register voters. Tensions were high and leaders were escalating their tactics. I saw the inequality and violence that African-Americans ...49 comments 295 Recs
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 713 Recs
- Since no one in authority here has put up an "Ask me anything" diary in a while, I have taken it upon myself to cover for their sorry asses by posting my own version of "Ask me anything" even though ...360 comments 129 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.