Rush Limbaugh continues to perpetuate the myth that he knows what he's talking about, as he spins truth like word salad. Does he think we are stupid? Given he said he was 'ashamed of America,' I imagine he thinks we're all clueless as well. Far from it, Rush. We are so on to your pseudo 'news.' You no longer get to spout bile without consequences.
Media Matters was kind enough to once again release audio documentation of Limbaugh's full of shit GOP propaganda.To a caller Limbaugh says, "The liberals lie. I do not form my opinions on what both sides say. I form my opinions on what I know to be right."
I know. I laughed out loud as well. He even lies about lying. Limbaugh goes on to say how Conservatives do not mess with the rights of women or blacks. Had I been drinking a beverage, it would surely have spewed out of my nose.Limbaugh actually alludes to a caller that the GOP cannot take away a woman's right to an abortion under the constitution. In fact, over 694 provisions/bills were introduced from January to March of this year that try strive to chip away at a women's reproductive rights to choose, by coming up with laws that hinder them from getting an abortion. Laws that would require a woman to undergo an invasive vagina ultrasound in order to get an abortion. Laws that require waiting periods, 'education classes', an limitations to whether a women can receive an abortion even in cases of rape or endangerment to a woman's life. As a woman and citizen, I am embarrassed and sickened by the Republican misogynists we have allowed to be voted into an office we pay for, with our tax dollars.
Limbaugh went on to lie about Obama never firing anyone involved in the scandals, when in fact, Treasury Secretary Jack Lew fired Steven Miller and Lois Lerner was asked to resign.There are over six years of Media Matter's audio/text documenting Limbaugh's mistruths as well as lists of hateful and degrading commentary against blacks, gays, women, hispanics, children, the disabled.. he has no boundaries.. Yesterday was no different.
What is different, is the public is no longer buying it, or ignoring him. They are in revolt againt his faux news and hateful commentary which comes straight out of his book on 'How To Raise A Misogynist, Gay-Hating, Racist Bigot,' which airs during the hours when children can hear him. Thankfully, he is a removable stain. Protesters are 'Shouting Him Out' with petitions, press, and boycotts. To support/learn more:
Sign: Limbaugh Petition
Visit: The StopRush Database
Larger organizations like UniteWomen.org, Liberals Unite, Media Matters, Daily Kos, AddictingInfo.org, and Being Liberal have fully supported and helped the movement.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
peglyn, Brecht, certainot, journeyman, elwior, jamess, bgblcklab1, Vatexia, caryltoo, a2nite, tkirkland, Buckeye54, howabout, OldSoldier99
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Leslie Salzillo
- Everyone talks about this problem of Money in Politics . Some Candidates have been talking about it long before "it was kool." Bernie Sanders on What Money Does to Politics (with Video) on ...16 comments 46 Recs
- Reefer madness! The folks at D.A.R.E (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) fell for a fake news story about a shocking number of deaths and pregnancies from the devil weed. They ...27 comments 29 Recs
- I recently came upon evidence of some inappropriate use of his office by a Wisconsin politician. Nothing that would send him to jail or even disgrace him horribly (particularly in light of what we'...12 comments 5 Recs
- Welcome to the Tuesday edition of the Coffee Hour at Street Prophets. This is an open thread where we can discuss what’s happening in our lives, what we’ve been working on, and our opinions on ...5 comments 16 Recs
- (Some) white folks haven't changed in over 40 years.* (Image courtesy of The Center of the Study of Political Graphics. Cartoonist is possibly Emory Douglas, former Minister of Culture for the Black ...116 comments 84 Recs
- One might think with all the union-bashing in corporate media, Faux News, multiple levels of government, and the general rhetoric, that unions are decidedly unpopular among Americans as a whole. ...41 comments 86 Recs
- For decades now whenever I see intolerance, bigotry, hypocrisy, homophobia or the like it's almost certainly coming from someone who claims to be a "good, God fearing Christian". From the haters ...105 comments 69 Recs
- Hey everyone, I'm still a totally newbie at this, but I just wanted to thank everyone who's donated so far to the Ashley McKenzie Legal Defense Fund. I recognize I must be breaking a lot of ...5 comments 8 Recs
Leslie Salzillo's Blogroll
- No current results.