I'm not sure what prompted me to open this story in Huffington Post, or what made me watch the video, or what's making me write about it now, other that it gives me this odd sense that we, as living creatures in this world, are all connected.
For a dog to come upon a little dead puppy and feel the need to bury the pup, completely; why? What was the dog trying to say? Was it trying to trying to somehow protect the puppy? Or was this some way of mourning for, or dignifying, another animal - one of its own? I'm not sure. I am sure it warmed my heart, and these are the things I want to see and feel in my life as I plow through some of the grime. These are the things that remind me of my own minuteness, and replenish my desire to seek the understanding of what love is - and what life is, as I carry on.
After the dog walked away, as if to say, "My work here is done," I could have done without the ending. The first two minutes are all one needs to 'get it'.
<Added: PBS Excerpt - The Emotional Lives Of Animals
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Powered Grace, eeff, grover, Pam from Calif, ladybug53, kaliope, Statusquomustgo, JaxDem, Quilldriver, StateofEuphoria, mrsgoo, whaddaya, SteelerGrrl, SuWho, a2nite, Horace Boothroyd III, Kombema
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Leslie Salzillo
- For decades now whenever I see intolerance, bigotry, hypocrisy, homophobia or the like it's almost certainly coming from someone who claims to be a "good, God fearing Christian". From the haters ...86 comments 61 Recs
- I had a request to do a diary about entertainers who served in the military. Turns out it wasn't as easy as I thought. This is in no way a comprehensive list. There were just too many to work with. ...630 comments 449 Recs
- I am 100% in for Bernie Sanders' campaign for the Democratic Party nomination, and for president. For the longest time, Bernie Sanders has represented my viewpoint on policy and my viewpoint on good ...279 comments 239 Recs
- I'm so outraged as I'm writing this that I'm going to have to be extra careful about typos, etc. Republicans in Congress have passed a bill that would make it perfectly legal for your boss to fire ...90 comments 190 Recs
- And just think, it's only April. Of 2015.73 comments 56 Recs
- A new app for your smartphone promises to change the very nature of police-citizen interaction. The ACLU of California has released the app , called Mobile Justice CA , which allows a citizen to ...21 comments 21 Recs
Leslie Salzillo's Blogroll
- No current results.