Wisconsin needed a stimulus. The governor fed us a sedative instead.No Democrats have, as of this writing, declared that they are running for Governor in 2014. For those who are thinking about running or plan to run here is what is what I, as a citizen of Wisconsin, need from you in order to show up to the polls and cast my vote for you.
- Run a clean primary campaign. No need to air dirty laundry in the primary. Scott Walker will only use it against you in the general election.
- Do not tell us what Scott Walker has done. We already know what he has done. Tell us what you are going to do for the people of Wisconsin.
- Do not run towards the center, run a progressive campaign.
- Do not rely on Madison and Milwaukee to win you the election. Reach out to rural voters.
- Do not get dragged down into the dirty campaigning that Scott Walker is sure to do. Run a positive campaign.
- You will be outraised and outspent—it is your message that will matter.
- Do not rely on the media to get your message out. Visit every county fair, every community event you you can. Stand in grocery stores and shake hands and talk to people, let them know you care about them. Take your campaign directly to the people just as Robert M. La Follette did over a century ago.
- Do not run away from organized labor, embrace them, show them as friends and neighbors—not someone or something to be despised.
- Embrace the Wisconsin Idea.
- Use storytelling to get your message out. Have the people of Wisconsin tell their stories of hardship over the last few years.
- Above all, show some damned passion! Show us your love for this great state and its proud progressive history.
A passionate progressive who runs on the ideals of Robert M. La Follette can and will defeat Scott Walker. We do not need, nor do we want another candidate like Tom Barrett. We need someone to stand up and do the right things for Wisconsin and its people. Someone with passion, who is not beholden to corporate interests, someone who will fight for the people of Wisconsin instead of fighting for ALEC and the Koch brothers.