So at about 5 minutes before publish time, I peeked into the Top Comments diary queue to see who's diary I'd be reading tonite. Imagine my face when I saw... nothing. And a blank spot where tonight's diarist should be on the calendar. So I bring you something red besides my face, if you'll follow me below the
dingledoodle squigglie dKosagnocchi dividerthingie fold after a word from our sponsor...
Here at Top Comments we strive to nourish community by rounding up some of the site's best, funniest, most mojo'd & most informative commentary, and we depend on your help!! If you see a comment by another Kossack that deserves wider recognition, please send it either to topcomments at gmail or to the Top Comments group mailbox by 9:30pm Eastern. Please please please include a few words about why you sent it in as well as your user name (even if you think we know it already :-)), so we can credit you with the find!
Here's how I spent my evening...
That's K1 and her new hair color. She kept it purple for Netroots Nation because she didn't want to wear red hair there! Good kid, I tell ya!
It appears that everyone took a holiday today, because there was not a single nomination in either the gmail box or the dkos mailbox. I was offline all day, so didn't have a chance to read the site at all. Ergo... if you saw something today and forgot to send it in, NOW's your time to add it in the comments!
Top Mojo for yesterday, July 20th, first comments and tip jars excluded. Thank you mik for the mojo magic! For those of you interested in How Top Mojo Works, please see his diary FAQing Top Mojo.
1) You beat me to this topic... by bobswern — 228
2) BINGO! brother. by claude — 135
3) I agree that blacks are by dkmich — 119
4) in reality by Jarrayy — 109
5) I had a diary in my mind as well by geomoo — 106
6) Implying that other people are unprincipled by sewaneepat — 100
7) Fascinating graf from today's weekly address by RFK Lives — 90
8) pre-crime, it was only a matter of time. by UnaSpenser — 88
9) Whoa! by Words In Action — 86
10) Yes, thank you for stating this! by bobswern — 81
11) Prime example of the "reverse racism" canard by mahakali overdrive — 77
12) The "three hops" thing should silence all defense by SouthernLiberalinMD — 77
13) That's the essential flaw in his comment. by dance you monster — 75
14) I'm replying to kos from yesterday. by One Pissed Off Liberal — 75
15) From one purity troll to another: by Tirge Caps — 74
16) FYI, only one town lies between mine and Bluffdale by Words In Action — 74
17) They are destroying futures over nothing... by dkmich — 74
18) This tweet pretty much captured it: by surfbird007 — 71
19) Oh, please by BoiseBlue — 68
20) It's damn sure a war on the Constitution by Dallasdoc — 67
21) Companies won't hire people if they're even... by bobswern — 67
22) Michael Hayden was head of the NSA, by ukit — 66
23) We suffer from chronic economic insecurity by BoiseBlue — 65
24) secret surveillance on the basis of by Lepanto — 64
25) Dog bless us. Like a runaway train, and democracy by Kombema — 62
26) The security state representatives at teh dailykos by Tirge Caps — 62
27) You ever notice that if you don't click by Dr Erich Bloodaxe RN — 62
28) "freedom of association" even as I read it it by Pescadero Bill — 61
29) Exactly right by RocketJSquirrel — 61
30) One little problem... by 4kedtongue — 60
31) Speaking truth to power for 57 years... by kurious — 60
Top Pictures for yesterday, July 20th appears to be having technical difficulties tonight. I'm unable to get it to run and it's not code Mr. Brillig wrote so I can't run upstairs and make him fix it before publish time! I'll add it when we get it working!