- Today's comic by Matt Bors is Race Relations:
- Whether it's right or wrong, just give the official answer on the U.S. citizenship test:
Last month, I became an American citizen, a tremendous honor and no easy accomplishment, even for a Canadian. After living here for 12 years, I thought I knew everything. Then I learned how we mint Americans.
After years of steep filing fees and paperwork (including one letter from Homeland Security claiming that my fingerprints had "expired"), it all came down to a test. I passed, and, my fellow Americans, you could, too—if you don't mind providing answers that you know are wrong.
- Missouri state Sen. Brian Nieves "wonders" if liberalism is a "mental disorder."
- As Tina Brown has it, a Royal girl would have been second best:
"As soon as William really kind of emerged into the public eye, you had this wholesome prince and his choice of Kate Middleton turns out to be absolutely impeccable. I mean, once again, she does the perfect thing," Brown said during an appearance on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "I mean, although there's the constitutional change that we can now have a girl as the first born to be the monarch, nonetheless, she does the traditional thing, and she gives us a prince. She gives a king. I mean, let's face it, the Queen will be thrilled. She and the Duke of Edinburgh, much as they would have said they would have been fine with a girl first born, they really did want a boy and they got one."
- Formerly gay bar in Austin turns away gay customers and fires gay bartender.
- Pundit Brent Budowsky thinks the Ron Paul television channel will be a huge hit:
I would like to see a Paul channel, a Wendy Davis or Elizabeth Warren channel, and a diversity of channels giving a platform to a diversity of voices who now get the shaft from mainstream media. I give Paul my best wishes and support and expect to be watching and writing about his channel. Stay tuned, as they say!
- Sean Hannity calls Joe Scarborough "liberal". Joe Scarborough says Sean Hannity had tried to "gin up ratings" by, among other things, saying Trayvon Martin had it coming because...marijuana. Then Hannity shot back:
“It’s not really worth responding to liberal Joe and his under 400,000 viewers or whatever he has," Hannity said on Fox News. "His radio show failed, his TV show is failing, he has kind of sold his soul, you know, on a liberal network, and he attacks conservative and is used by a prop by his insider Washington pals to attack conservativesKeep it up, guys.
- EPA denies it's giving up studying impacts of fracking:
In private conversations, however, high-ranking agency officials acknowledge that fierce pressure from the drilling industry and its powerful allies on Capitol Hill—as well as financial constraints and a delicate policy balance sought by the White House—is squelching their ability to scrutinize not only the effects of oil and gas drilling, but other environmental protections as well.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin discusses wingnuts actively misreads Obama's record to portray him as a hypocrite on "shoot first" laws. Plus: Nate Silver's move to ESPN. Gop unhinged: skewed Obamacare claims from IN Gop & why they're garbage; Kilgore's "Uh, Yeah, This Is a Different GOP"; Chait's "Anarchists of the House"; Sargent & The Hill on Rs abandoning constituent service to sabotage Obamacare. "How Goldman Sachs is making your beer more expensive"; US Marshals lose track of millions in equipment. How "warrior cops," cheap tech & privatization combine to erase the unwritten checks & balances against govt power.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, lyvwyr101, Lefty Coaster, sceptical observer, seriously70, wintergreen8694, etherealfire, aresea, LilithGardener
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- Can community policing be implemented without becoming warlordism a.k.a. an independent MoFo Po-Po. Rather than the Black Panthers, community self-defense may have to take more unusual ...10 comments 2 Recs
- It must be an interesting conversation to behold between the president and his people who are desperately trying to figure out how to prop up this piece of crap called the Trans Pacific Partnership. ...16 comments 20 Recs
- Sometimes the left hand just doesn't know what the right ...17 comments 30 Recs
- Fight dumbassery everywhere you see it. We've been way too tolerant.252 comments 195 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...61 comments 48 Recs
- Missouri Republicans Are Waging a War Against the Poor, And They Are Winning As Veto Override Occurs36 comments 62 Recs
- The interactive map above shows which party was leading just after 11 PM EST and ...140 comments 155 Recs
- Welcome to the Overnight News Digest (OND) for Tuesday, May 05, 2015. OND is a regular community feature on Daily Kos, consisting of news stories from around ...43 comments 25 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12323)
- Afghanistan (11497)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (24730)
- Community (90429)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2376)
- Economy (55929)
- eKos (12437)
- Environment (45751)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1195)
- International (14780)
- Jobs (12421)
- Labor (28322)
- Libya (4265)