U.S. President Barack Obama will give the keynote address at Wednesday's observance of the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, the historic 1963 demonstration for equal rights that drew more than 250,000 people to the Lincoln Memorial...Also appearing at Wednesday's anniversary observance will be former presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, and media personality Oprah Winfrey.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
mimi, rubyr, blueoregon, joedemocrat, TomP, JaxDem, Senor Unoball, DefendOurConstitution, Tortmaster, Yasuragi, ericlewis0, Onomastic, AnotherAmericanLie, anodnhajo, a2nite, Free Jazz at High Noon, MartyM, doroma, tytalus, raina, Glen The Plumber, nomandates, LilithGardener
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by JoanMar
- Look, I don't know what we're supposed to do about our bullshit political system but it seems to me that it must start with facing up to the facts. Believing that this time, someone is actually ...138 comments 204 Recs
- To my kind and caring friends here on the GOS: I'm still recuperating from a painful bout of pleurisy (an inflammation of the lining of the lung, a common complication of the more severe forms of ...31 comments 74 Recs
- I want to commend BoiseBlue for starting a diary series about free trade agreements. Her diary series wasn't meant to argue for or against but was meant to provide information on free trade ...13 comments 22 Recs
- CNNI was covering in detail racial protests turned violent in Tel Aviv Israel today. While the first video I found of it was from April 30th, the protests continue today in Tel Aviv. The protests ...37 comments 39 Recs
- Haymarket Tragedy Note: This is not presented as a general overview of May Day history and the Haymarket Martyrs. For a general overview, please ...23 comments 24 Recs
- Langston Hughes' poem, " Harlem " has been floating around in my head, as I watch footage from Baltimore. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like ...186 comments 164 Recs
- This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...10 comments 41 Recs
- This will be rather short as it has been the day from hell. Reid started feeling bad this afternoon. I dealt with diarrhea and vomiting. His blood sugar plummeted and he went into seizures. The ...49 comments 139 Recs
- I missed this during the workweek and now find myself with a little more hope we’ll transcend the darkness of hate and fear to step foot in the lightness of love and acceptance... another small ...31 comments 32 Recs
- Good evening, Kossacks, and welcome to WYFP. First, here is a word from our sponsors: WYFP is our community's Saturday evening gathering to talk about our problems, empathize with one another, and ...148 comments 83 Recs