From Mitt Romney sending his money on holiday to the Caribbean to other American one-percenters sending their money on ski trips in Switzerland, our US government -- and, correspondingly, pool of tax money for social policy and economic development -- loses billions and billions of dollars a year to tax evasion. This video from the European Commission powerfully highlights the consequences -- for the rest of us -- of such greedy and selfish behavior:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by james321
- The ad kind of speaks for itself.252 comments 517 Recs
- America is a scary, violent place. Yes, we host the Grammys and produce Pixar movies, but we live in one of the most violent nations, historically and currently, in the entire world. Culture and ...131 comments 141 Recs
- The United States continues to be separate and unequal in so many ways. Justice, far too often, is applied in an inequitable fashion and basic privileges often afforded to white men, 2015 be damned,473 comments 530 Recs
- It's been in the news. Now it has been confirmed. As of this past weekend, Raymond Leo Burke, America's highest-ranking cardinal ...250 comments 394 Recs
- Map showing the location of the site of the Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Plant accident in Japan. Stations are indicated at which seawatersamples were collected in 2011-2014 on Line P and in ...205 comments 126 Recs
- It's a little too late for the United States, as a nation, to lead on family leave. But within the United States, Democrats can and should lead on the issue—lead us toward catching up with the ...30 comments 18 Recs
- Jon Stewart: You can have great regard for law enforcement and still want them held to high standardBravo , Mr. Stewart: He got it exactly right. Jon Stewart offered the perfect rebuttal to the vicious, ...115 comments 188 Recs
- (Written by an American expat living in the European Union) Here's the answer that the American corporatist oligarchs in your face wealth machine wants to provide entertainment services for ...235 comments 301 Recs
- (UPDATE: The title is now more specific. And a good discussion in the comments over whether this is truly altruistic, or if Moore is using Kenefick as a political pawn. Personally I think it ...322 comments 366 Recs
- James Chao, father of Mitch McConnell’s wife Elaine, has a lot of questions to answer after 40 kilograms of cocaine (about $6.7 million worth) was found on the Ping May, a ship owned by the ...724 comments 471 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.