- Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is The last comic strip about a mass shooting you'll ever have to read:
- Another nopology, this one over claiming criticism of banker bonuses was as bad as lynching in the South:
Outrage over bonuses paid to bankers "was intended to stir public anger, to get everybody out there with their pitch forks and their hangman nooses, and all that - sort of like what we did in the Deep South . And I think it was just as bad and just as wrong," [American International Group] Chief Executive Bob Benmosche was quoted as saying in an interview in The Wall Street Journal. [...]Instead of: "I was an idiot. And I should take a remedial history course. And I am sorry that I compared the torture and murder of thousands of African Americans to the complaints about bonuses."
"It was a poor choice of words. I never meant to offend anyone by it," Benmosche said in a statement.
- What fresh hell will be unleashed on women tomorrow: More 300 sandwich-making? More demands for perfection? More advocacy of marital rape from a television star who says she's been careful never to let her husband of nine years know she poops? Some "predictions" from Amanda Marcotte about how low the bar could sink.
- Every starship ever, so they claim, in one zoomable chart.
- Richard Mayhew shows another example of how the oppression of Obamacare is making people better off.
- George H. W. Bush attends same-sex wedding for long-time friends:
Former President George H.W. Bush was an official witness at the same-sex wedding of two longtime friends, his spokesman said Wednesday.Marriage equality has been the law in Maine since December.
Bush and his wife, Barbara Bush, attended the ceremony joining Bonnie Clement and Helen Thorgalsen as private citizens and friends on Saturday, spokesman Jim McGrath said.
- Lesbian love letter on the eve of a wedding:
You don’t believe in the institution of marriage, really. But you believe, deeply, in us. Over the past year I’ve watched you try to reconcile your personal and political beliefs with your simple certainty that we should be together for always, and try to figure out where compromise lies in between. Because even though you aren’t sure whether getting married is the right thing to do, you are sure about me, and so you’re donning a gorgeous suit and party shoes and throwing a clambake to celebrate.
- eBay claims it doesn't share customer data with the NSA.
- Coal was the cargo of first-ever bulk carrier to sail through the Northwest Passage.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show: A KITM filibuster today! (And it was great.) We unraveled the non-filibuster Cruzapalooza situation, then went right from Greg Dworkin's round-up (ACA polling, GOP civil war skirmishing, WaPo's "How eight lives would be affected by the health law") to Armando's exploration of a possible "Grand Bargain" on the ACA and the sequester, to GideonAB's thoughts linking campaign finance reform, obesity and national security! (Seriously, it worked!)
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- "The time will come when our silence will be more powerful than the voices you strangle today." — August Spies, one of eight men convicted of the Haymarket Square bombing, moments before he was ...5 comments 5 Recs
- Can community policing be implemented without becoming warlordism a.k.a. an independent MoFo Po-Po. Rather than the Black Panthers, community self-defense may have to take more unusual ...10 comments 3 Recs
- It must be an interesting conversation to behold between the president and his people who are desperately trying to figure out how to prop up this piece of crap called the Trans Pacific Partnership. ...17 comments 20 Recs
- The May 19 GOP primary has turned incredibly ugly especially in the past few days. On Monday night, a woman who said she used to date state Agriculture Commissioner James Comer back in college ...4 comments 3 Recs
- Sometimes the left hand just doesn't know what the right ...17 comments 31 Recs
- Fight dumbassery everywhere you see it. We've been way too tolerant.276 comments 221 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...62 comments 48 Recs
- Missouri Republicans Are Waging a War Against the Poor, And They Are Winning As Veto Override Occurs36 comments 64 Recs
- The interactive map above shows which party was leading just after 11 PM EST and ...140 comments 156 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12323)
- Afghanistan (11497)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (24730)
- Community (90438)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2376)
- Economy (55929)
- eKos (12437)
- Environment (45751)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1195)
- International (14780)
- Jobs (12421)
- Labor (28323)
- Libya (4265)