You can click here to donate to Hagan's campaign:You and I know what it’s like to fight against outside special interest groups in a tough election.
In last year’s election, the Koch brothers’ organization, Americans for Prosperity, spent more than $1.3 million on attack ads. And Karl Rove’s group, Crossroads GPS, spent $4.7 million against me. That’s $6 million in negative ads and opposition we had to overcome -- and they weren’t the only ones who spent money against us in Wisconsin.
This year, the Kochs, Karl Rove, and all of those special interest groups that spent money against us will be going after my friend from North Carolina, Senator Kay Hagan.Since Citizens United, guys like Karl Rove and the Koch brothers can spend as much cash as they want to influence elections all across the country. And they’re already footing the bill for ad buys and billboards targeting Kay.
But there’s one thing they can’t buy: authentic grassroots support. That’s why I’m asking you to stand behind Kay in her upcoming election -- just like you did for me.Kay has an FEC fundraising deadline coming up fast, and she needs to hit her $90,000 goal in the next day. Will you pitch in $5 to make sure she hits her goal by the end of the month?
Kay has fought for tax breaks for small businesses, affordable health care, and is fighting to make sure that all North Carolina citizens have equal access to the polls on Election Day.
And today she needs our support. Chip in $5 or more before September 30th and help Kay and her team crush their goal this quarter.
Thank you for all of your support and for standing behind Kay.
Senator Tammy Baldwin (D. WI) is looking out for her friend and colleague Senator Kay Hagan (D. NC) in her bid for re-election next year:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...47 comments 3 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 280 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 451 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 208 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...816 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.