- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is New from the NSA: Internal Patriot Discovery:
- Today's "Ask me anything about Daily Kos" is hosted by our Systems Specialist from the Tech team, elfling. Get ready to grill her in the diaries starting at 3:30 ET!
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- Dead-ender's game: where do Republicans go from here, by Dante Atkins
- The Republican Coup of 2013, by Jon Perr
- If you are black—get out. The crisis of statelessness in the Dominican Republic, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Just another American healthcare tale, by DarkSyde
- Blame gerrymandering, but blame ticket-splitting too, by David Jarman
- Obama strikes at the heart of Reaganism, by Ian Reifowitz
- Fresh fruit, broken bodies: The human cost of American agriculture, by VL Baker
- Her Inspirational Bout With Breast Cancer A Good Reason For Obamacare, by Egberto Willies
- Of course they did. Probably wanted to cash in on that all-time low in approval that they're enjoying:
House Republicans moved into fundraising overdrive just hours after Congress voted to fund the government and raise the debt ceiling.
- Condolences to family and friends:
Thomas S. Foley, who as speaker of the House sought to still the chamber’s rising tide of partisan combat for five years before it swept the Democratic majority, and Mr. Foley himself, out of office in 1994, died on Friday in Washington. He was 84.
- Watch as the head of the Duggar clan (and all around nutcase), mumbles and fumbles as he attempts to attack Terry McAuliffe, the Democratic candidate in Virginia's governor's race.
- Because, uh, yeah, I got nothing:
In the sort of thinking that seems perfectly rational in a world where we have declared war on “terror,” Tea Party Unity chairman Rick Scarborough and anti-gay obsessionist Peter LaBarbera shared their dreams of Suing the Gay Away. After all, back in the Clinton years, liberal attorneys general won a lawsuit against Big Tobacco, didn’t they?
Scarborough, a former Baptist minister and the head of something called “the Judeo-Christian Council for Constitutional Restoration,” then unveiled his brilliant plan:LaBarbera was enthusiastic, and had given some thought to finding the ideal plaintiff:
Peter, the whole issue of a class action lawsuit, you and I have talked about this a little bit. I just wonder if you’ve explored that, talked to anyone about it. Obviously, statistically now even the Centers for Disease Control verifies that homosexuality much more likely leads to AIDS than smoking leads to cancer. And yet the entire nation has rejected smoking, billions of dollars are put into a trust fund to help cancer victims and the tobacco industry was held accountable for that. Any thoughts on that kind of an approach?
Yeah I think that’s great. I would love to see it. We always wanted to see one of the kid in high school who was counseled by the official school counselor to just be gay, then he comes down with HIV. But we never really got the client for that.
- Creepy, crawly, creepy, crawly ...
Toyota is recalling 885,000 vehicles worldwide due to electrical issues that could cause problems with airbag deployment. [...]
And at the heart of at least some of these leaks is a creepy culprit: spiders, which can build webs blocking a key drainage tube in the air-conditioning unit.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Another show brought to you by our fine friends at CREDO Mobile! Greg Dworkin rounds up the CW, analysis pointing the finger at Gop "moderates," "The Truthiness of Rand Paul," Gop donors vs. Tea Party, VA's bluing trend, and continuing ACA website woes. Then, is the earmark ban undermining leadership? And speaking of earmarks, we dig deeper into that mysterious dam provision in the CR. Plus, a guided tour through earmarking, and "transparency comprehension." Also, Kevin Drum's "The Conservative Fundraising Racket, Part 674." And, witnessing the birth of a conservative Twitter freakout!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...496 comments 388 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...130 comments 134 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 60 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- Now that I know that if I come in to your pizza parlor and ask for pepperoni pies for my gay wedding the answer will bem "NO!" , some other pressing questions leap to mind. What if it was just a ...120 comments 150 Recs
- I know that the DCCC went into "desperation" mode and caught a lot of flack with their "ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!" money begs last fall. However, I never thought I'd see them LITERALLY say that "ALL HOPE ...275 comments 375 Recs
- Ten years ago, I nearly lost my life when an RPG tore through the cockpit of my Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. The only reason I made it home was because of the heroism of my courageous buddies ...134 comments 375 Recs
- I was in Selma, Alabama on the historic Freedom Day to register voters. Tensions were high and leaders were escalating their tactics. I saw the inequality and violence that African-Americans ...49 comments 295 Recs
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 714 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.