For those having trouble using the #obamacare Affordable Care signup Website, try these steps to get you past the bugs.
I. Open Chrome Browser
Check whether you have a Chrome browser on your machine. You may. Google is pretty eager about pushing it on people. If you do not have this browser you may download it at
follow the install instructions for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
The following instructions only pertain to Windows systems. If you have access to Mac or Linux please add the needed information to these instructions.
II. Clear Browsing data.
1. Enter Control+Shift+Delete . (That is, hit those 3 keys at once) This will bring up a 'Clear Browsing Data' box.
2. In the top drop down 'Obliterate the following items from' select 'the beginning of time' or at least some time before you started trying to work with the Healthcare web site.
3. Check the boxes in front of
Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data and
Empty the cache
4. At the bottom click the button that says 'Clear Browsing data'
III. Set Incognito Mode
1. Enter Control +Shift+N (That is, hit those 3 keys at once). This will bring up a message
'You've gone incognito. Pages you view in this window won't appear in your browser history or search history, and they won't leave other traces, like cookies, on your computer after you close all open incognito windows. '
IV. Retry the web site:
https://www.healthcare.gov/ and good luck.
Per the originator of this information, ““If you ever see that white screen, this is going to solve the problem — period.”
This above is an attempt to put information received that helped someone else into a step by step form in hopes that it will help others. Please spread this information as widely as possible, and correct it if I have made any errors. I hope that the problems will be corrected in a few weeks and these steps will be unnecessary soon.