EVERYONE is welcome and please join us each morning at 7:30 AM PACIFIC
to tell us what you're working on, share your show & tell, vent, whatever you want...
...this is an open thread. Nothing is off topic.
Do you like to be polled?
Are you a person who likes to be asked for your opinion? I usually like to be polled. I want my opinion to be heard. I especially like to be polled around election time. I find it satisfying to get my two cents worth out there.
I do not like push polls, however. I have been the victim of a couple of those and, surprise, surprise, they are always Republicans. Those pollsters usually regret calling me, I'm sure, considering what I have to say, most of which I would not repeat in the presence of TheLittleOne™.
Generally, I don't even mind product surveys, within reason. Sometimes I turn them down (especially if it's someone with a clipboard in a mall), but often I will respond. I figure the squeaky wheel gets the grease and I might as well squeak.
The same thing is true with surveys at work. I always participate so I can be heard. Sometimes I wonder if they ever look at them, though. Policy decisions often seem already made and the polling is just a measure of how much unrest they will cause.
In the end, so to speak, I guess opinions are like
assholes noses: Everybody's got one. But if that's true, why is there always a "No Opinion" group?
So how about you?
Cartoon courtesy davegranlund.com
Latest Updates on Kossack Regional Meet-Up News Below the New Day sunrise cloud
Let's build communities!
Every region needs a meatspace community like SFKossacks.
We take care of each other in real life.
I urge YOU to take the lead and organize one in your region.
Please tell us about it if you do and we're here for advice.
THINK GLOBALLY, ACT LOCALLY
NEW GROUPS IN THE PROCESS OF ORGANIZING:These are the groups that have started since * NEW DAY * began. Please Kosmail navajo if you have started a group before that.
Send a Kosmail to the organizers and ask for an invitation to the group.• Northern Indiana Area: Kosmail Tim Delaney
• Long Island: Kosmail grannycarol
• Northern Michigan: Kosmail JillS
• Nebraska: Kosmail Nebraska68847Dem
• Westburbia Chicago Kossacks: Kosmail Majordomo
• Caprock Kossacks (Panhandle/Caprock/Lubbock/Amarillo area) : Kosmail shesaid
• West Texas Kossacks (including Big Bend Region and El Paso) : Kosmail Yo Bubba
• Las Vegas Kossacks: Kosmail miracle11Note to the above new leaders: Feel free to leave a comment any day reminding readers about your new group. Also, tell us about your progress in gathering members. Kosmail me when you've chosen a good name for your group and have created a the group. Then I'll move you to the NEW GROUPS LIST. When you've planned a date for your first event I'll make a banner for you to highlight your event in our diaries and your diaries.
NEW GROUPS LIST:
• Kansas City Kossacks - Formed Oct 15, 2012, Organizer: [Founder stepped down]
ESTABLISHED GROUPS LIST: (List will grow as we discover them)
I-77 KossacksWednesday, October 30th
I-77 Kossacks Last Minute Meet-up
TIME: 6:30 PM
LOCATION: Sir Edmund Halley's Restaurant and Freehouse
4151 Park Road • Charlotte
ORGANIZER: Send Fineena and SteelerGrrl. Send SteelerGrrl a kosmail to attend.
Latest diary: [Waiting for linked diary]
SFKossacks BBQ in the Wine Country
We will also be honoring Día de los Muertos with an altar, feel free to bring something to place there.
Please volunteer for beverages & side dishes needed below.
- POTLUCK SIGNUP -
15 bottles of wine [1 down, 14 to go]
10 six-packs of beer
5 six-packs soft drinks
5 six-packs bottles of water
5 appetizers, anything goes here. Whatcha' got? [1 down, 4 to go]
3 green salads needed, each to feed 10 [1 down, 2 to go]
4 side dishes needed, each to feed 10 [1 down, 3 to go]
ORGANIZER: Send navajo a kosmail to attend.
1. Andrew McGuire
6. Hunter/elfling offspring
10. maggiejean +wine + side dish
14. Mr. dksbook
17. side pocket
18. Mrs. side pocket
20. ceebee7's sister
21. leema (will carpool from Marin)
22. marge +appetizers + large green salad
23. Glen The Plumber
Sunday, November 17th
Los Angeles Kossacks Meet-up
TBD • TBD
ORGANIZER: Send Dave in Northridge a kosmail to attend.
Latest diary: Los Angeles Kossacks: October 19 Meetup, Saladang Song, Pasadena
1. Dave in Northridge
4. Joe Bacon
7. DontTaseMeBro's husband
Send navajo a kosmail if you post a diary about an event so we can update our round-up.
Okay. Floor's open.
Tell us what you are doing on this NEW DAY?