You can click here to sign Schauer's petition:Minimum wage workers aren’t just teenagers wanting to make pocket change. Most are adults. Almost half are working full time. And many are trying to raise a family on a mere $15,000 a year.
It isn’t right that these hard-working Americans are living at the poverty level, struggling to survive without a single day of vacation or paid sick leave. They deserve better.
That’s why I am asking you to stand with me and sign our petition to raise the minimum wage from $7.40 to $9.25 an hour. It's the right thing to do for Michigan’s economy, our communities and our families. Add your name and help us get 925 new signatures in our first 24 hours:
It’s simple economics. When working families have more to spend on everyday necessities like gas, groceries, and clothes for their kids, it creates immediate demand in the marketplace. And when demand increases, small businesses grow and hire more workers. America is a place that rewards people for their hard work. Raising the minimum wage would give these families more to spend on gas, groceries and other essentials—boosting the economy and helping businesses thrive.
Click here to sign our petition now. We want to get 925 new signatures in our first 24 hours:
Those who put in the hours and the effort should be able to make a living wage.
Add your name in support today.
Thanks for your support,
Received this e-mail today from former Congressman and gubernatorial candidate Mark Schauer (D. MI) regarding the minimum wage in Michigan:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Sylv, Brainwrap, Redfire, HeyMikey, LakeSuperior, Sun Tzu, tgypsy, elwior, shann, Amber6541, melfunction, peregrine kate, We Won, a2nite, 2thanks, Chaddiwicker
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed ...46 comments 46 Recs
- Yummy! Mmmm, mmmm! Nothing like a nice, cold glass of chemicals to wet your whistle: An analysis of ...31 comments 26 Recs
- Over the last decade, Pennsylvania has emerged as a powerhouse when it comes to drilling and pumping and making money off of natural gas— ...5 comments 9 Recs
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer The May 19 Kentucky GOP gubernatorial primary may be one for the books. Last week, we learned that a blogger named Michael Adams was accusing state ...29 comments 22 Recs
- With currently a staggering 829 votes ... Bernie Sanders is expected to win the nomination 61.52% to 38.48% . ** http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2015/04/30/bernie-sanders-will-challenge-...501 comments 161 Recs
- Republican Sen. John McCain PPP surveys both the GOP primary and general elections in Arizona, and let's just say ...64 comments 39 Recs
- The Labor Department ...4 comments 10 Recs
- Minority Leader Harry Reid is promising to give ol' ...25 comments 36 Recs
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.